Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop it with these timers on events

Lichformed

For a second time now

So I'm a many year Veteran and there's a serious content drought for me, has been for a long time and I accept that, but if you ignite my love for the game I'll sink hundreds of hours again for sure, I love Warframe.

But seriously, for the second time, first time in Scarlet Spear and now with the Cephalites my joy and motivation for the new event was blown in the first 5 minutes, what am i talking about? The darn timers.

I've felt kinda bad because I missed the first week of Nightwave, I know you can get a new landing craft, the shoulder pads are really great, cool stuff, but I want to play something new as advertised, the Glassmaker. I finished the introductory tutorial and it said I need to farm missions for Cephalite, I thought "Oh cool I get to multitask more Nightwave with my Nightwave" I do the 3 Exterminates and find nothing.

I go ask Global for help as I don't want to spoil the surprise, and what do I hear? I need to wait 20 minutes? Seriously?

That's good 20 minutes off the game I shut down to come play Warframe, the exact same problem I faced with FOUR friends, we needed to wait for 30 minutes before we could play Scarlet Spear.

Not soon after 2 of our premade just logged off to play non-timegated games.

And really, all these arbitrary timegates that want an hour or two every week from me to get "cool" rewards are just pushing me away, if it's so casual to get them they have no real value, and that's fine, people get to look cool for their investment. But seriously punishing players for playing half of the time of an hour because of an unnecessary blockade is just asenine and borderline abusive at this point.

• Like 3

who say 20m I play 5 or 10 and they spawn regular

edit: I read wiki and say 20 min global timer if you play normal gameplay you don't even notice. Don't say play 20 min mission. you play regular and they spawn 5 or 10 min period. maybe 15 who know.

Edited by Jem991

1 hour ago, Lichformed said:

For a second time now

So I'm a many year Veteran and there's a serious content drought for me, has been for a long time and I accept that, but if you ignite my love for the game I'll sink hundreds of hours again for sure, I love Warframe.

But seriously, for the second time, first time in Scarlet Spear and now with the Cephalites my joy and motivation for the new event was blown in the first 5 minutes, what am i talking about? The darn timers.

I've felt kinda bad because I missed the first week of Nightwave, I know you can get a new landing craft, the shoulder pads are really great, cool stuff, but I want to play something new as advertised, the Glassmaker. I finished the introductory tutorial and it said I need to farm missions for Cephalite, I thought "Oh cool I get to multitask more Nightwave with my Nightwave" I do the 3 Exterminates and find nothing.

I go ask Global for help as I don't want to spoil the surprise, and what do I hear? I need to wait 20 minutes? Seriously?

That's good 20 minutes off the game I shut down to come play Warframe, the exact same problem I faced with FOUR friends, we needed to wait for 30 minutes before we could play Scarlet Spear.

Not soon after 2 of our premade just logged off to play non-timegated games.

And really, all these arbitrary timegates that want an hour or two every week from me to get "cool" rewards are just pushing me away, if it's so casual to get them they have no real value, and that's fine, people get to look cool for their investment. But seriously punishing players for playing half of the time of an hour because of an unnecessary blockade is just asenine and borderline abusive at this point.

Just play open world or railjack.

Glassed enemies spawn like crazy there.

• Like 1

Whoever told you you need to wait 20 minutes is an obvious troll. Glassed enemies spawn randomly and they can literally spawn in the first minute or never. Though I never had to wait more than 10 minutes in order to get an encounter and most of the time it happens when I do the objective. If you're rushing trough the mission and complete it in ~1 minute you'll raerly (if ever) get an encounter.