Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Removal Of Orokin Catalysts

Malidorian

Now before I propose this idea I would like to say I understand why they are not removable right now, it would be a MAJOR detriment to incoming funds. People would buy 2-3 Catalysts then just swap them between weapons and never need anymore. So I come bearing an idea that may bridge the gap between us players who made an honest mistake putting our catalyst in a weapon we didn't exactly enjoy as much as we thought, while keeping the people who would want to abuse the system away.

My idea is simple. The removal would cost 250,000 credits something not easily farmable in a day or 5 platinum, then it would take a day for the catalyst to be removed and placed back into your inventory at which point you can then put it in the weapon you want to put it in. This would prevent people removing their catalysts and just throwing them in for different missions, and allow Warframe to still rake in a profit for people who want to upgrade multiple weapons.

I put a catalyst in a Sicarus and I deeply regret it as I can tell my Afuris would benefit from it far more for those extra mod slots for more max ammo upgrades. I would say 250,000 be a minimum and range anywhere between that and 500,000 credits. I also would like to say Orokin Reactors on the other hand should not be removable, those choices should be more permanent. Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Malidorian

I like this idea, especially considering how difficult it is to obtain a Catalyst. I've not even acquired one yet, but I know that I'm going to struggle with deciding what weapon to put one in once I get one. An extremely high credit cost would be a good tradeoff for not buying a new one/finding a new blueprint and farming for the materials.

I second this idea. Though I think there should be a "recycle" option for the ones in warframes where if you plan to delete or sell a warframe that already has a Orokin Reactor in it... you get it back. Recycled Orokin Reactor can only be used once though. THIS would prevent them from being used over and over as well.

Not a bad idea, especially since I know more than a handful of people with a potatoed Bolto who were just facepalming after the Akbolto made its debut. It would allow those who rely on alerts and the daily for the Orokin potatoes to actually use them with little risk of future regret due to the introduction of a new weapon or something else.

I like this suggestion, honestly. The free players get to benefit, and it even gives a much needed credit sink. Though I'd recommend upping the credit cost, I can make 250k~ credits in a single day of mod farming traditional defense missions fairly easily. I'd say 500k is probably a bit better number (a couple days of serious farming, or a week of casual game play) for this.

This Topic was brought up some time before and i'm still against a removal option.

If you want a catalyst badly.. buy it from the shop and support the developers of this great game this way.

If you want to remove a catalyst from a gun... why did you even put it in in the first place? You have 15 Weapon levels to find out if you like and want to keep your weapon or not.

Eh . . . I'd rather they just make Orokin Catalysts and Reactors easier to get for free. Well, let me rephrase, more predictable. Right now you have to basically hope the Alert system RNG smiles on you and in the several weeks I've been playing this game I've NEVER seen an alert that gives me Orokin. That right there should be all DE needs to know to prove that the alert system is busted. So some kind of system that would allow me to work towards getting an Orokin, even if it is a long haul like crafting a frame or a weapon is a long haul, is desperately needed IMO.

Do that and I see no need to be able to remove Orokin anything from any weapon or frame.

NOTE: I'm sure some people can crank out a blueprint for a weapon or something, but I'm talking about casual play here, which is how the majority of the audience will be playing.

Edited by cypherhalo

If you want to remove a catalyst from a gun... why did you even put it in in the first place? You have 15 Weapon levels to find out if you like and want to keep your weapon or not.

Supercharged Bolto --> Akbolto added to the game afterwards. Pimp slapped achievement unlocked.

Doesn't help the frustration regarding Orokins from the F2P perspective since the only 100% safe no-regret-ever option right now is to keep their Orokin Catalysts until DE releases no more new weaponry.

Eh . . . I'd rather they just make Orokin Catalysts and Reactors easier to get for free. Well, let me rephrase, more predictable. Right now you have to basically hope the Alert system RNG smiles on you and in the several weeks I've been playing this game I've NEVER seen an alert that gives me Orokin. That right there should be all DE needs to know to prove that the alert system is busted. So some kind of system that would allow me to work towards getting an Orokin, even if it is a long haul like crafting a frame or a weapon is a long haul, is desperately needed IMO.

Do that and I see no need to be able to remove Orokin anything from any weapon or frame.

NOTE: I'm sure some people can crank out a blueprint for a weapon or something, but I'm talking about casual play here, which is how the majority of the audience will be playing.

Wasn't there like 2 or 3 in the past 2 weeks alone..?

@OP: Not a bad idea but by level 15 I'd of thought you'd of already decided if you wanted to upgrade your weapon? Seriously I find the Sicarus better than the Afuris, but while I was leveling up both by 15 I was positive which one I'd upgrade.

I can understand people being frustrated about the release of the Akbolto, but that's just ONE weapon out of the many.