Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Arbitrations need some work/fixing (or maybe the tile-sets)

Els236

Ok, let's get the "but this" and "but that's out of the way first shall we?

Yes, Arbitrations are meant to be high-level, "end-game" worthy content, that is meant to challenge the player and, somewhat, push them to their limits. 

Right, now on to what I want to say.

Honestly, I am unsure whether this is a bug, or something screwy, or maybe just me, but what on Earth is going on with Infested Arbitrations? 

First of all, upon a Host Migration, everyone's pets just seem to die from absolutely nothing. I literally had a host migration in my last Arbi. and not 2 seconds after I had ended my invulnerability frames, my pet just died. 2K-HP to 0 within no more than said 2 seconds. Not only that, but at almost exactly the same time, 2 of my teammate's pets died as well. I wasn't even in an area with any enemies (don't know about my teammates). 

Secondly, and this is the main reason I posted in "Feedback", most of the Infested tile-sets are simply not suited for this style of gameplay. They are very narrow corridors, laid-out in a maze-like way with absolutely no breathing room whatsoever and lots of infested boils and what-not plastering the walls. If there is any "big" enemy, such as an Ancient, or a Brood-Mother or one of those Chicken-Moas, you cannot get passed it without a hassle; you simply end up bumping into the walls, or crashing into said enemy, who, in the case of an Ancient, will just hook you, or in the case of the Moa, will knock you flying with it's radial stomp. 

To make matters worse is that of course, there is never just one of those enemies, there are very likely going to be multiple of them and loads of cannon-fodder mobs as well, not to mention the Arbi. drones protecting them. It becomes an impassable mess very quickly. A lot of the times, this is just going to lead to death, unless you are playing a tanky frame, or something that resists knockdown. 

Now, I get it. This is sort-of what Infested Arbis. are meant to be like. The Infested are meant to swarm you and get all over you and that is meant to be part of the "difficulty". The issue is that it isn't "difficult", it's only frustrating and so easily cheesable by just finding a room with only one entrance and sitting there until you feel like leaving. There is absolutely zero challenge there.

The "tl;dr" of this section is that the enemy itself is not what is "difficult", it is the shoddy design of the tile-sets. Again, I can see from an aesthetic point of view why it is like it is, but from a gameplay perspective it's just annoying. The usual Corpus tile-sets that have been "Infested" to make these tile-sets are not this maze-like and convoluted, so why are they here? Did the Infested faction get an interior designer to come and remodel the place?

Thirdly, what is going on with those Infested Drones lately!? 

One moment, they make a toxic cloud and it does 50-100 or something damage per tick and in the next moment they make a toxic cloud, you die before you even see it. What is up with that?

• Like 1