Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Railjack Exploration

HercPrim3

As a veteran player, the concept of open-world maps is incredible. The Plains of Eidolon and The Orb Vallis are great examples of open-world maps. However, these maps can become very bland after a certain amount of time. So, my idea is to make the Railjack missions open-world to the extent of being able to jump from planet to planet using the railjack. I'll admit, this would be a lot of work on DE's part, but it would be a great expansion to the game. Imagine being able to jump from planet to planet, and selecting an exterminate mission from your railjack. Although it would render the orbiter useless at that point, i still believe it would be an excellent addition to the game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HerculesOW said:

Imagine being able to jump from planet to planet, and selecting an exterminate mission from your railjack.

You are going to have to explain this more. What do you actually want. It just sounds like “replace orbiter with Railjack”. I see no reason for this to be done.

Kind of exactly how I pictured it'd go, with markers to each "side" of space showing the limits of the map you're on that will allow you to nearly seamlessly travel to another part of space by moving into it, solar rails or something for bigger jumps and still allowing quick travel if you just want go get somewhere real quick. Then, if you want to do a ground mission, you slide down into your orbiter and use the navigation console there, it gets decoupled from its weird umbilical cord-like connection to the railjack and you see it flying down in a similar style like the intro of basically every star wars movie. This would allow for some open space areas with pirates and stuff and other factions roaming around, generally make it feel more dynamic and also let people explore randomly spawned points of interest rather than putting them somewhere at the end of some missions.

Also, this opens up the possibility of not only randomly assigned missions ( like the ones in PoE) but also old fashioned alerts. Not in the way they used to exist, but literally distress calls by civillian ships etc.