Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets dying on Railjack crewships/stations

Kemenril

Question

I'm totally confused about how Railjack decides to kill off pets. I'm on a Crewship, I kill it from the inside, and either leave from the landing bay or teleport back to my ship. It feels like at random intervals that my kubrow just dies, even though it was alive and kicking up until I left the ship. It doesn't have much of a negative impact on my ability to finish the mission, but it is frustrating to deal with the pet death penalty if I'm running several Railjack missions in a row, because it can take days to recover if I've run out of interactions. 

Am I doing something wrong here?

3 answers to this question

Nah, sometimes happen (especially if you exit a CS with just a few seconds left on explosion) BUT one great thing about RJ is that when you enter/exit stuff on RJ mission pets get revived most of the time, sentinels included (prolly a bug but a good one, even more cuz as you said sometimes they die from "reactor explosions").

Let alone that no clue how a kubrow/kavat/anything but a flying sentinel can "follow you" when in space going from crewship to crewship hehehe.

Oh one thing i noticed also when those "strange deaths happen" the loyalty dont go down, prolly only matter if pet is alive at the end of the mission i guess (i am using a smeeta kavat 99% of the time).

Oh, i play on PS4 tho so dunno if on PC they still die for nothing but the resurrect thing got "fixed", that would suck big time (and defo then i will start leave crewships for the end if also start happen on ps4).

Edited by (PS4)Miciobestia

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

i am using a smeeta kavat 99% of the time

Kavat’s don’t use loyalty. So, if it does go down you have a problem.

22 minutes ago, Kemenril said:

I'm on a Crewship, I kill it from the inside, and either leave from the landing bay or teleport back to my ship

If you teleport back the pet should teleport with you. Even if it is downed. I found that I would arrive on the RJ, and a couple seconds later my pet did. Then you just revive it.

17 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Kavat’s don’t use loyalty. So, if it does go down you have a problem.

If you teleport back the pet should teleport with you. Even if it is downed. I found that I would arrive on the RJ, and a couple seconds later my pet did. Then you just revive it.

Oh, well even better then hehe (about loyalty) but what actually happen also to me sometimes isnt that kavat get downed (thing that happen always in about 0,01 secs on veil if i am not invisible ;p) but that i killed all the mobs inside CS, blowed up the reactor and when i exit the CS (and the pet is alive on my side) on space there's not the shield/hp grayed out but writted "dead", dont happen often but may happen.

But well, right now that's not a problem seen anyway it autoresurrect the next thing i enter.