Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fun Experiment 4] How to change the Railjack interior 2nd emissive color

STUVash

Question

I'm not sure how but I managed to change the Railjack interior 2nd emissive color. Somehow it doesn't update just when you're changing the emissive color for the interior.
Before the 2nd color (dark part) was red, then I managed to make it yellow, and now it's stucked to blue.
Does anyone have a proper guide for that ?

I've been exiting my dojo just to refresh the colors, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't and now I just don't know anymore.
The obscure understanding I got from this is that somehow, previous colors can stick to the darkest part of the mask and new colors refresh properly on the light side of the mask.
I'm trying to get two specific colors but it's kinda hard to do when it doesn't change when I expect it to.

So how would you guys do it ?

unknown.png
(I'll keep trying and answer back to my own question if I find something)

-Restarting the game doesn't change the color the 2nd color.
-Changing emissive color at the dry dock doesn't change 2nd color.
-Changing all colors of the railjack, exterior and interior, doesn't change 2nd color.
-Exiting the dojo and coming back doesn't change 2nd color.
-Setting colors to default doesn't change the 2nd color.
-Setting colors to default, then exit the dojo does change the color back to Yellow. (Finally heh...)
-After that part, setting any specific color will color the 2nd part blue and tint the bright part with the color you selected.
Hitting Randomize for this Emissive Color or the bottom Randomize All will do the same thing...

Edited by STUVash

1 answer to this question

Alright. Here's how you do it ... I guess ?

Just to be sure we're not having any weird mix of colors, since it's a thing as you'll see later on.
Set all interior railjack colors to default, leave dojo, come back.

Once colors have been reset
You can start coloring your railjack.
Choose colors for all parts, it doesn't matter which, random ones are fine. We'll screw them later on anyway.
(I have no idea how much this part really influence the final result in the mix)

Leave dojo. Come back.
Randomize under category All Colors until the lighting has the 2nd Emissive color you want.
Once you have it stop randomizing.
Then select the color you'd like the 1st Emissive Color to have.

If everything went like in my run, you should now have two emissive colors for your railjack interior.

I'd wager it's a bug since there's only one color slot for the emissive interior but I'm fine with it.
Thanks for the help guys, it was a great exchange.
Here's an example to show we moved from the issue, Red 2nd color with Green 1st Color. All with one color slot input.

The more you randomize All colors and mix it with 1st color, the more bland it becomes, make sure to reset everything if you want to get vivid colors back again.
told you so love GIF by Abbey Luckunknown.png

For the more curious ones, yes the colors stay in dojo, yes they stay the same in an actual mission, yes they stay even if you leave do a mission, leave dojo and come back again. Only cool stuff are allowed on my ship.

Edited by STUVash