Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connected open worlds

Dark_RRiderr

A friend who was bored of warframe while we played it (seriously, 5 bounties is getting a little dull, 2 or 3 would have been enouth)

Were discussing an idea of connected open worlds.

So what we meaned by this is this:

Like it is already implented, you go to a city (like cetus or fortuna) and from there you go out into the open world zone (Like Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis) just instead of only having the choice of going BACK to only that one city.... why not expanding it and add MORE citys to enter in the same open world?

Even better, why not having another entrance somewhere in this open world.... leading to yet another map with an "open world" where there are again small outposts (like a micro or min version of cetus) you can load in that are save (no combat zone) and even have some citys you can load in that sometimes have raids going on against them. Like random events where suddenly a countdown appears with a warning:

"Warning! Grineer forces approaching city of (insert name here) civilians please seek shelter immidiatly" and Tenno have to Defend the city and them selfs repelling the raid (getting special rewards, and i mean special one you only get there on certein citys)

The "Open Worlds" we have just dont feel that connected to anything, they just feel like a... bigger map that isnt always changed by random generation ways.

Still also wouldnt mind this idea here my friend and me had:

Imagine beeing in the middle of a desert open world, but it changes every time again you enter it.... you always can find something else, sometimes the same, and you can load into more and more random desert zones with random desert outposts, citys and enemy bases ect.

Same goes for our Railjacks, how nice would it be in open worlds to suddenly after a mission decide:

"You know what? I got enouth of walking around on earth, i want to fly somewhere else!" and then call your railjack to pick you up on certein points, you go on board and fly outside the planet and around the orbit of it and then can decide to either take a mission, explore orbit of the planet (or the free roam zone of the planet) or just fly to a different planet and can even accept ground missions if you are around the orbit of said planets

I like your  idea it would be a great mechanic of exploration in a game like warframe i don't know if its feasible by DE knowing them they focus on mission based systems and loot islands but hey it would attract new players and vets alike. Randomized openworlds however is very difficult to code maybe 2 state cycles for those areas is easier i don't know but it's a neat concept