Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Best Deal You've Gotten From Others~? * Currency Related *

KamaNightfire

^

This year i'v gotten some very good deals, I tend to spend some of my early morning week-ends going to yard-sales and the sort, hoping to find things I normally couldn't find in a store * or online without having to pay a ton of money for it*. So Here's my list for this year, and i'll list them in groups of the yard-sale I had bought them from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An Atari 2600 w/ 6 Joysticks 2 Pong Controllers, but no games = $10

A Gamecube w/ 2 controllers 8 games * with booklets and cases * GBA Attachment Port w/ 2 cables, 3 Nintendo DSs *2 DS Lites + 1 Older Generation DS w/ 16 Games *cases and booklets included* , a GBA SP w/ 4 games * Pokemon Sapphire as one * = $15

Diablo II w/ ALL Expansions , Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Fable : The Lost Chapters = $1.25 * Note they all had their booklets and product codes, so installable on a PC* (Diablo/ESO for 50 cents each and 25 for Fable) * Older couples yard-sale, had no idea what they owned. *

Nintendo Entertainment System w/ 2 controllers no games = $1 * also another elderly lady c: *

43 Nintendo Entertainment System games w/ sleeves and in great condition, including several known and loved pieces = $60 *was from a former collector whom figured i'd take good care of them*

Super Nintendo w/ 2 controllers and 2 games in their original boxing , almost perfect condition = $7

Nintendo 64 w/ 1 games * GoldenEye * , 1 controller = $1

PlayStation 2 w/ 11 games * mostly sports, ew *, 4 controllers, 3 memory cards, Perfect condition, but faulty Power-Cable = $10

1 Xbox 360 Controller , 1 Wii Controller = $5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

syrtxd.jpg

That has been my great deals so far this year, I only go to yard-sales to find these kind of things, because I enjoy playing them and looking back at how much has changed. I did have 1 bad sell of an NES for $5 that was rusted out from the inside sadly.

P.S. Don't consider me cheap because I go to a yard-sale every now and again. As you can see sometimes people don't know what they have and it's a great opportunity to find stuff and turn yourself into a Hoarder! c:

Lesson from all this? Old People Are The BEST! \o/

Anyone else happen across some great deals, doesn't need to be anything too specific or related to a yard-sale, just on anything you think is worth telling. :P

Edited by Hermaphrodite

Anything related to online gaming discounts is a good deal, as long as the game is worth the price. Although PC Gamer UK had an amazing deal of 570P with either subscription or individual purchase and I bought it off for ~80 cents, because Ziny gave me 5$ for my first purchase because I had left a item in my cart and I only had to pay the ports.

Edited by JRMC

Anything related to online gaming discounts is a good deal, as long as the game is worth the price. Although PC Gamer UK had an amazing deal of 570P with either subscription or individual purchase and I bought it off for ~80 cents, because Ziny gave me 5$ for my first purchase because I had left a item in my cart and I only had to pay the ports.

Somehow I KNEW that platinum promotion was going to show up here, I should of added it to my list as I also had that promotion. :P

Everyone I know of got Pokemon Y except for my hipster friend who decided he wanted X.

Maybe that's why Nintendo decided to make the blueflame Charizard for X.

"Guys, everyone is preordering Y.

OH MY GOD THERE WILL BE A SHORTAGE OF XERNEAS!!! RELEASE PROJECT X

Sir!?

BLUEFLAME CHARIZARD. YOU HAVE MY ORDERS. ACT UPON THEM!!!"

Everyone I know of got Pokemon Y except for my hipster friend who decided he wanted X.

Maybe that's why Nintendo decided to make the blueflame Charizard for X.

"Guys, everyone is preordering Y.

OH MY GOD THERE WILL BE A SHORTAGE OF XERNEAS!!! RELEASE PROJECT X

Sir!?

BLUEFLAME CHARIZARD. YOU HAVE MY ORDERS. ACT UPON THEM!!!"

Pokémon X did get the best mega evolutions.

200 $ for my old PC (which would cost half the price at best)

Elder scrolls 3-4-5 for TF2 keys which i aquired without investing money.

Currently gathering keys for Steam christmas sale, because i love my wallet and decided not to violate it this year.

35% off the price from my new laptop, i'm pretty happy with this year.

Edited by Morgax

They're not bound to any game, I believe. I think only Charizard and Mewtwo have specific game evolutions.

Said pokemon are game specific. And the stones do the evolving not the game. 

And I Wonder traded a box of Luvdiscs last night and managed to get some pretty cool stuff out of it.