Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupt Mods: Skills With No Negative Effect

TheSphynx

I have compiled a list of all the warframes and skills displaying which corrupt mods provide ONLY advantages with no negative side effects. I made this, due to the "That weapon has no recoil. These mods need to give a negative effect to whatever they are applied on" mentality that DE has right now. If DE is going to change a single mod because it "doesn't give any negative effects", they are going to need to rewrite almost every warframe skill since most of them gain from certain Corrupt Mods without any negative effects. Nova and Mag being the two frames that walk away with huge bonuses without any negative effects. Vauban and Ember are the two frames that benefit the least from the new mods. Either negatively effecting or not effecting their skills. Here's the list, let me know what you guys think.

Ash
Shuriken: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Smoke Screen: Narrow Minded (Stealth Duration) OR Overextended (Stun Range)
Teleport: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Blade Storm: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Banshee
Sonic Boom: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Sonar: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Silence: Overextend (Power Range)
Sound Quake: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Ember
Fireball: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Overheat: Narrow Minded (-.66m for 1m AOE Effect for +20 Sec Duration)
Fireblast: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
World on Fire: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods

Excalibur/Prime
Slash Dash: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Radial Blind: Overextend (Power Range)
Super Jump: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Radial Javelin: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Frost/Prime
Freeze: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)
Ice Wave: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Snow Globe: Overextended (Power Range)
Avalanche: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Loki
Decoy: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)
Invisibility: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)
Switch Teleport: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Radial Disarm: Overextended (Power Range) and Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Mag/Prime
Pull: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Shield Polarize: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Bullet Attractor: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Crush: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Nekros
Soul Punch: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Terrify: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Desecrate: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Shadows of the Dead: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)

Nova
Null Star: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Antimatter Drop: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Worm Hole: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Molecular Prime: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Nyx
Mind Control: Overextended (Power Range)
Psychic Bolts: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Chaos: Overextended (Power Range)
Absorb: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods

Rhino
Rhino Charge: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Iron Skin: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Roar: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Rhino Stomp: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Saryn
Venom: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Molt: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)
Contagion: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)
Miasma: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods

Trinity
Well of Life: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)
Energy Vampire: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Link: Overextended (Power Range)
Blessing: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)

Vauban
Tesla: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Bounce: Corrupted mods appear to have no effect on bounce.
Bastille: Negative effects with all Corrupt Mods
Vortex: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)

Volt
Shock: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)
Speed: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)
Electric Shield: Narrow Minded (Power Duration)
Overload: Fleeting Expertise (Power Efficiency)

Edited by TheSphynx

ember with focus and near maxed blind rage gets the old armor value on overheat and has a neat damage on WoF. could as well cope with the extra energy by using fireblast.

might be just me but has anyone felt that nova with both damage mods is redundant? now that she got a good use for both V slots...

ember with focus and near maxed blind rage gets the old armor value on overheat and has a neat damage on WoF. could as well cope with the extra energy by using fireblast.

might be just me but has anyone felt that nova with both damage mods is redundant? now that she got a good use for both V slots...

I wouldn't use both damage mods. The damage with focus is more than enough. Increasing efficiency would be the preferred route to many. Also, since 3 of her skills benefit from Fleeting Expertise without any negative effects (Nulls star being the only affected skill, which is rarely used against higher level mobs) it would definitely be the more optimal mod.

Blind Rage adds a lot of negative effects to Embers skills (Every one of them). This thread is to discuss skills without negative effects from the new corrupt mods.

Edited by TheSphynx

Is your argument that DE should abandon the 'make negative stats affect everything' route? Or to apply the 'make negative stats affect everything' to warframes as well?

Yes, they should abandon the 'make negative stats affect everything' route. I say that because if they didn't, they would have to do a lot of work on balancing skills and weapons to follow that mentality.

Yes, they should abandon the 'make negative stats affect everything' route. I say that because if they didn't, they would have to do a lot of work on balancing skills and weapons to follow that mentality.

Sounds like a lot of work just to adhere to some twisted mentality you're giving them.

Is your argument that DE should abandon the 'make negative stats affect everything' route? Or to apply the 'make negative stats affect everything' to warframes as well?

If they "make negative stats affect everything", seems like they didn't test/think about the new mods in the first place. I mean, it is obvious that not only in warframes but in weapons too, some mods affect certain frames/weapons better than others.

Or that they are so naive to believe we will only use the mods in cases where the negative stats apply and never in another way.

Yes, some of them make us think outside of the box and think of new builds, but I believe most players won't bother with that for several reasons.

So, I agree completely with the OP that this mentality has either to stop from being implemented or pass on to the warframe mods too.

Honestly I believe they didn't think this through or they just added the mods and "waited for our reactions" in order to approach the subject as it was done with the stamina changes.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I am ok with any change as long as it affects both weapon and warframe mods, even if that means leave them as they are or change them altogether.

Edited by Vorigan

To the OP on Rhino what would you suggest to replace with Fleeting Expertise on Rhino's loadout?

I'm not the OP but replace Vitality or any other defensive mod (priority should be Redirection>Vigor>Vitality) cause you won't really need it that much as you are permanently in Iron Skin anyway. Or Focus cause with 25 energy stomps you don't really need that 150 extra energy

ember with focus and near maxed blind rage gets the old armor value on overheat 

This is not working as intended so expect it to be fixed

To the OP on Rhino what would you suggest to replace with Fleeting Expertise on Rhino's loadout?

If you plan on using Fleeting Expertise on Rhino, you are most likely not going for a Roar/Support build (duration). A Fleeting Expertise build is more for Mass Stomps and very low cost Iron Skin. In that case, I would remove constitution and continuity if you had those equipped.

Beginner Fleeting Expertise Loadout: (Suggested for beginners)

Redirection/Vitality - Streamline - Fleeting Expertise (Rank 4) -  Focus - Rhino Stomp

Iron Skin - Quick Thinking - Flow - Stretch - Roar

This will give you Max Power Efficiency (75%), while only losing some duration on roar (-50%). If you combo effectively (Roar + Stomp) you will deal extremely high damage at a very low energy cost. You can replace redirection with vitality vs infested. With this build, you would effectively be a tanky nuker with a short duration damage buff.

Ideal Fleeting Expertise Loadout: (Requires better positioning and Energy management)

Redirection - Streamline - Fleeting Expertise (Rank 3) -  Focus - Rhino Stomp

Iron Skin - Quick Thinking - Continuity - Constitution - Roar

This build would give you near max Power Efficiency (70%), but you would actually gain 20% on roar allowing you to still be quite supportive, tanky, and nukey. Without Stretch, you will have precise position when casting Stomp and Roar. Also, without flow, you will need to keep an eye on your Energy Pool more often.

I don't see Energy Vampire + Fleeting Expertise as a disadvantage.

I thought about this while writing it. To keep in terms of 'statistically speaking' I included it. I still believe the Duration + EV issue is a bug and will be fixed in the future (hopefully).