Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe crashes my PC on start up and I don't know why.

OmniKingZeno

As title says. I hadn't played in quite a while, came back, had some fun and then after that first time, whenever I tried to start up Warframe, my PC would crash either on the load screen or on the log in screen. This could 100% be a hardware issue, but no other games does this, so I don't know.

If its software related, is it at all possible today's update will somehow fix it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naru925 said:

Same here but I found a solution for now. Change the DX from 11 to 10 and you will suffer the S#&$ty dx10 engine but u at least can play

Thanks! This worked for me. I figure it has got something to do with the new windows 10 update/intel graphics driver update.

I'm having the same issue.

Started the game yesterday and everything was fine, but then after like 10 minutes my whole pc crashed and restarted. I disabled XMP, cuz i thought it had something to do with it, but even with all settings on stock, the game still crashes after 1-2 minutes. Literally unplayable. Changing the DX to 10, didnt change anything for me.

It mostly happens when I start the second cutscene from the glassmaker nightwave screen.

Edited by Arm4gedd0n
more information

Having a similar issue. Got booted from the game with no warning, got sent to https://www.warframe.com/en/hardwarefail. When trying to log back in I got kicked out of the game another 3 times ending up at the same hardware fail page, while in loading screen or login screen. After rebooting my laptop twice, I am back in the game but I've got some spicy input lag and my framerate is kinda ass right now...

Now i'm a complete idiot when it comes to computer tech stuff, but I'm guessing it's got something to do with the windows update I got this morning. But then again, before I first ran into this problem I'd been playing for a good couple hours with no issues whatsoever, so I'm not sure what exactly is up. Hope this somehow helps in pinpointing the issue though.

Edit: after rebooting my laptop another time, I'm crashing out on the loading screen again.

Edited by Stronthor

I'm having similar problem, except switching to DX10 and low graphic settings didn't solve it for me. I can play max 15 minutes then the PC restarts. It doesn't happen in any other games, i ran 100% CPU and GPU stress test without problem, also ran memtest for 1 hour --> 0 errors.

I have old hardware, but since i don't have problem with any other games, neither during stress test, i don't think it would be hardware problem.

Edited by LongDongHongKong

• 2 weeks later...

I tought it was because of the ram "optimizatoin" they did in of the recent hotfixes but I guess not
So win 10 messed up the DX11?
So we need to wait for a new win10 update or WF hotfix?
Also disableing the multi thread rendering in the launcher gived me a couple of minutes more playtime you could try that too