Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shawzin Accessibility

NavyBluePanda

I really enjoy the shawzin, it's a fun minigame, but as someone with limited hand function, I have a ton of problems when it comes to the more complicated songs with quick switches between frets, and I know many others do too. Having an accessibility mode (not just autoplay or slow mode, I'd like to be able to actually play the minigame with some chance at success and it sounding as it should) where we can either:

• have the fret automatically chosen and we only need to press one button for all of them instead of one each
  • have the fret pressed automatically so we can focus on the timing of the string

I see a lot of fantastic custom songs and would love to be able to play them myself, but having paralysed fingers makes it pretty difficult; I can set up the rest of the game to accommodate pretty well, but nothing I've tried with the shawzin has actually helped, whereas I feel this sort of accessibility feature would.

One way to have one button for all could be having an "override" key binding option, which would be really good and then would stay like that, unlike the buttons for slow mode and autoplay.

Edited by NavyBluePanda
missed info, added ideas
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NavyBluePanda said:

I really enjoy the shawzin, it's a fun minigame, but as someone with limited hand function, I have a ton of problems when it comes to the more complicated songs with quick switches between frets, and I know many others do too. Having an accessibility mode (not just autoplay or slow mode, I'd like to be able to actually play the minigame with some chance at success and it sounding as it should) where we can either:

• have the fret automatically chosen and we only need to press one button for all of them instead of one each
  • have the fret pressed automatically so we can focus on the timing of the string

I see a lot of fantastic custom songs and would love to be able to play them myself, but having paralysed fingers makes it pretty difficult; I can set up the rest of the game to accommodate pretty well, but nothing I've tried with the shawzin has actually helped, whereas I feel this sort of accessibility feature would.

Even with no hand problems this thing is very difficult to play, I normally have to  just use the autoplay mode.

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 1