The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Controller sensitivity settings

MouseSB

After the last hotfix dropped I logged in and the settings for using a controller on pc are bugged. The settings for controller look and aim sensitivity do not do anything but the regular key board and mouse settings affect controller. The look sensitivity is completely absurd for controller to the point where the only manageable way to look around is setting the KBM look and aim sensitivity to nearly zero. This wouldn't be a problem for me if I didn't often swap between KBM and controller. I'm not sure if other people are having this issue but it is certainly frustrating. 

@DeceiverIV Are you playing through Steam? If so, could you try:

1. Right click on Warframe in your Library and select Properties.
  2. At the bottom under General, change Steam Input Per-Game Setting to "Forced Off".
  3. Press Close.
  4. Restart the game if you have it open.

And let me know if that helps the issue? I'm not entirely clear on why this coincided with the last hotfix for you, but it seems that sometimes Steam overtakes our direct input handling and that may be why the sensitivity settings are being bypassed here. I'll continue to look into solutions for this on our end, but if you could verify that the above fixes it for you, that'd be very helpful, thanks!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 2020-06-22 at 9:22 AM, [DE]Jengerer said:

@DeceiverIV Are you playing through Steam? If so, could you try:

1. Right click on Warframe in your Library and select Properties.
  2. At the bottom under General, change Steam Input Per-Game Setting to "Forced Off".
  3. Press Close.
  4. Restart the game if you have it open.

And let me know if that helps the issue? I'm not entirely clear on why this coincided with the last hotfix for you, but it seems that sometimes Steam overtakes our direct input handling and that may be why the sensitivity settings are being bypassed here. I'll continue to look into solutions for this on our end, but if you could verify that the above fixes it for you, that'd be very helpful, thanks!

Hey, hope I'm not digging up too old of a post. I'm having this same issue but the fix you suggest doesn't appear to be in steam anymore. There is an option to disable steam input but then I have no controller access at all in game.

• 8 months later...
On 2021-02-01 at 2:05 PM, Postmortal_Pop said:

Hey, hope I'm not digging up too old of a post. I'm having this same issue but the fix you suggest doesn't appear to be in steam anymore. There is an option to disable steam input but then I have no controller access at all in game.

hey im having the same issues here where that setting doesnt exist anymore, does anyone have any tips

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I'm on the same situation. I just simply can not play the game atm  ^^

This is a recurring problem. Happened to me years ago. It always happens with Steam. You solve it... It will come back eventually (with some Steam updates I guess)

I've tried everything I know at general Steam client settings and also in Steam settings for WARFRAME to no avail.

It would be nice if DE would make a guide or something.

Help me out please!!! ^^

Thank you

PD: Don't know if related. I can not scroll down/up the game's store menus using the right stick. I remember doing it with no problem

Problem solved. Just writing my solution.

Issue is caused by a high resolution mouse windows config.

So you can do two things to solve the problem:

1) Set down your mouse dpi configuration (system wide)

2) Set down to zero your Sensitivity in-game settings. Not the "(Controller)" / "(Controlled Scoped)" ones. That will configure your controller sensitivity indeed

Thanks ^^

• 2 years later...