The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The procs, the procs

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

I never really paid much attention to elemental and status procs in the game. They were something that might be helpful, but way less important than the raw damage of my weapons and abilities - at least that was my view.

I admit, I am a rather casual player who doesn't really dive into the depths of the game's mechanics or engaging in min-maxing (e.g. I didn't know that abilities like Whipclaw or Blade Storm scale off of the combo counter).

So my direct question is how important are procs (I've especially heard a lot about slash procs)? And should I pay more attention to using them?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Traumtulpe:

Hunter Munitions is pretty much always used with Viral, and while it technically adds damage regardless of enemy, it only really shines against high level armored enemies - because it's damage is delayed, but not affected by armor at all. If you quickly kill your target regardless, it won't do much.

Corrosive procs reduce armor, Hunter Munitions bypasses armor anyway. That doesn't really make sense together.

I was using it in Lich missions. The Corrosive was because of the Grineer.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Update, I changed the element to viral and I got interesting results on enemies (lvl5 Lich mission)

Another thing to note is that ever since Corrosive got capped to 80% armor strip while being only neutral against Alloy, it's strictly worst than Viral against Alloy armored Grineer like Bombards and more importantly Elite Lancers that make up the bulk of the Grineer army. Corrosive is only really useful against Ferrite armored enemies like Heavy Gunners and the Lich itself because Armor class modifiers double dip as seen in the equation below: (Boosts your damage and mitigates armor value in damage calculation)

Damage Modifier = (1+ Armor Modifier)*(1+Health Modifier)*300/(300+Armor*(1-Armor Modifier))

From the equation above you have the Damage Reduction Formula:

Damage Reduction = Net armor / (Net armor +300)

Sortie level enemies can have 6000 armor which is 95% damage reduction. Strip 80% of it and you still have 1200 armor which is 80% damage reduction. Basically a 4x increase at full stack with Corrosive, which is inferior to Viral's 4.25x and Slash procs just deal 35% of your Base damage per tick with 0% damage reduction which get boosted by Viral.

• Like 1

vor 52 Minuten schrieb DealerOfAbsolutes:

Another thing to note is that ever since Corrosive got capped to 80% armor strip while being only neutral against Alloy, it's strictly worst than Viral against Alloy armored Grineer like Bombards and more importantly Elite Lancers that make up the bulk of the Grineer army. Corrosive is only really useful against Ferrite armored enemies like Heavy Gunners and the Lich itself because Armor class modifiers double dip as seen in the equation below: (Boosts your damage and mitigates armor value in damage calculation)

Damage Modifier = (1+ Armor Modifier)*(1+Health Modifier)*300/(300+Armor*(1-Armor Modifier))

From the equation above you have the Damage Reduction Formula:

Damage Reduction = Net armor / (Net armor +300)

Sortie level enemies can have 6000 armor which is 95% damage reduction. Strip 80% of it and you still have 1200 armor which is 80% damage reduction. Basically a 4x increase at full stack with Corrosive, which is inferior to Viral's 4.25x and Slash procs just deal 35% of your Base damage per tick with 0% damage reduction which get boosted by Viral.

I could see how the procs got to work and eat away enemy health in the mission (I prefer acutal missions over Simulacrum). It really was surprising.

You probably already been answered, but as a short version.

Even with the recently weakened enemies, you'll reach a point where very few weapons have the 'RAW' damage to be efficient, then you need procs to: prevent damage-reduction, buff damage dealt, by-pass protection and deal constant DoT.

Viral is popular now because it so drastically shifts the ammo/time to kill ratio and bleed has always been popular as a way to ignore armour.

Edited by TheArcSet

vor einer Stunde schrieb TheArcSet:

You probably already been answered, but as a short version.

Even with the recently weakened enemies, you'll reach a point where very few weapons have the 'RAW' damage to be efficient, then you need procs to: prevent damage-reduction, buff damage dealt, by-pass protection and deal constant DoT.

Viral is popular now because it so drastically shifts the ammo/time to kill ratio and bleed has always been popular as a way to ignore armour.

I was actually surprised what difference it makes if you use Corrosive or Viral with Hunter Munitions and how much damage you can do with the bleed procs alone.

(then again, I wonder what I do know about the game anyway)

• Like 1