Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Answer De, What's The Purpose Of Removing Content?

Lenzerker

Because they did say they might come back after they get updated, possibly/probably as starter-tier weapons?

If they were just going to redo the stats, they could have easily done it when they went to rebalance weapons for damage/armor 2.0. Removal is silly, especially in the Gorgon's case since it's a rather iconic weapon and has skins associated with it.

DE logic: add more weapons so that then they can go "Hey we have too many weapons in the game lets remove a few." and then add even more weapons the next Wednesday.

Whine whine whine. They didn't remove'em from inventories, dude.

No, but now they have a reason to ignore them instead of buffing them to be on par with the cheese weapons they add every week.

And no making a weapon require a higher mastery level is not a good excuse to make it outclass everything else in the game.

Wish they'd take a few days to actually balance the weapons instead of adding newer ones that are exactly the same gameplay wise but a lot better stat wise, slapping a mastery requirement on them and calling it "progession".

In regards to the weapons, I think it's a relatively obvious point that they just don't know what they're wanting to do at this point.

First, Sidegrades.

Second, Tiered weapons. Alright.

So wait, they're removing Tier 1 weapons from the game because they aren't good enough/widespread enough any more? Why not adjust the Mastery then to encourage players to work with Tier 1 equivalents until they can earn Tier 2 equipment. You could set it up in such a way that each mastery rank unlocks a category or two of weapons, with a special thrown in for good measure

Tier 0 : Mk 1 BRATON, Lato, Skana, Machete and other weak Melee weapons

Tier 1 : BRATON, AkLato, Dual Skana, Dual Cleavers, BOAR, Dual Ether Daggers and the like

Tier 2 : Gorgon, Grakata, Bolto, Boltor, Glaive, Kestrel, etc

Tier 3 : -insert stuff here to your imagination-

This removal of weapons is silly. Tiers are supposed to have equivalents in other tiers, generally.

The fact that we have to upgrade direct damage mods so much (least for primaries and secondaries) would have been enough for "progression".

Especially with the game's current upgrading mechanics....

What is someone that got a weapon forma'd several times and overcharged with a catalyst supposed to do when a new tier weapon shows up?

Tiered weapon just DONT work in this game.This isn't one of those open world mmo's where you smack something in the back of the head, loot a better weapon and use it until you get ten more levels and then kill an even bigger/recoloured version of that enemy and get a better weapon for your level.

...and I'm serious about that, I can't see what's the point.

As we're all aware now, DE was deciced (once again) to remove content from the game and I'm wondering why.

If you're new to the game you might not know but this already happened before:

#1. In closed beta there was a pistol called LATO VANDAL, given to closed beta testers upon the transition to open beta;

#2. Later there was the BRATON VANDAL, only available to players who participated in the Open Beta Celebration Weekend;

#3. The SNIPETRON, removed from the game on update 8 (with the excuse that it didn't fit the plot);

#4. The SNIPETRON VANDAL, a one-time only exclusive (for those that participate the Informant Event);

#5. the STRUN WRAITH, another one-time only exclusive (for those that participate the Survival Weekend Event);

#6. The ETHER DAGGERS, the MACHETE, the BOAR and the GORGON all vanishing in a few hours;

#7. And I might recall you that EXCALIBUR PRIME, SKANA PRIME and LATO PRIME are all saying farewell at November 1st, with the end of the founders program.

I can think of a few good reasons that all of these disappeared.

1. The LATO VANDAL is fair to disappear to be exclusive to the loyal Warframe players who were here from the beginning.

3. I have not seen the "story" for the SNIPETRON to disappear yet so I cannot say anything about it.

The BRATON VANDAL, SNIPETRON VANDAL, and the STRUN WRAITH from numbers 2, 4, 5, and probably even the BRAKK and DETRON hand cannons have/will disappear because they were all events!  All MMO's have events that offer special one-time items/titles/quests/rewards of some kind to the players who log on and participate.

6. I cannot explain why the ETHER DAGGERS, MACHETE, BOAR, and the GORGON have disappeared from the market, although I can assure you they are still obtainable.  Just yesterday (litterally, yesterday) I obtained the GORGON blueprint from a daily log in reward and I can assume you can get the rest that way as well.

7.  The simple answer for EXALIBUR PRIME, SKANA PRIME, and LATO PRIME disappearing (also why the founders program is leaving altogether) is money.  By this being the last chance to obtain these items/perks more people will buy them, people who may have never bought them otherwise.

I do not blame them in slightest for removing a founders programm for money, I was expecting it and would have been shocked if they never did.  Some people would call them greedy and rant about how it was all for money, but the reality is that literally 99% of the items in this game can be obtained without spending a dime.  Them making money this way is exactly what is keeping it that way.

Thanks for reading,

-TheLoneNinja

Edited by TheLoneNinja