Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equippable melee weapons

Spiffmeister

Just thinking It'd be nice if melee weapons were more integrated. Mashing my mouse button to quickly slash is nice, but it'd be nice to be able to actually put both my weapons away and just run around with my Dual Skanas out.

Maybe this could increase your movement speed slightly to focus on the melee combat? (Because everyone knows you run faster with a knife).

Difficult level player here, I still use melee a lot.

Same - I play Loki, so I get plenty of opportunities to go stabbey stabbey.

If they are going to give us a way to euip the melee weapon then we should get some new functionality on the button that usually shoots the gun.

Like ability to block bullets or a heavy damage thrust attack..

something.

Not a bad idea. I simply find that the melee combat is one of the selling points of the game (it features heavily in the trailer). So it'd be nice to see it involved in more of the action rather than just a slashing type move similar to the CoD games (and most other modern military shooters).

A lot, yes, but not exclusively.

Which is the important part here. While the rule of cool says that melee only is badass, this isn't the first Assassin's Creed. ;) If you come up against bullet sponges and/or melee nightmares, lie bosses with shockwave or Rhino Stomp, you don't want to melee them. Also, it is probably one of the most ridic and boring things to just press W against a boss for a while and mash the melee key for 30 minutes because you lack the DPS to take him down faster.

Same - I play Loki, so I get plenty of opportunities to go stabbey stabbey.

Not a bad idea. I simply find that the melee combat is one of the selling points of the game (it features heavily in the trailer). So it'd be nice to see it involved in more of the action rather than just a slashing type move similar to the CoD games (and most other modern military shooters).

I feel the same about melee being a big feature of the game.

To be honest the melee combat in Warframe is already leaps and bounds beyond just a simple slash move like COD.

Basic combo, charge attack, jump attack and sliding attack already make it a pretty deep melee system for a shooter.

I'd love it to expand of course.

My personal favorite current move is the run,jump, crouch, melee...

the flying ninja kick air slash attack! :)

Which is the important part here. While the rule of cool says that melee only is badass, this isn't the first Assassin's Creed. ;) If you come up against bullet sponges and/or melee nightmares, lie bosses with shockwave or Rhino Stomp, you don't want to melee them. Also, it is probably one of the most ridic and boring things to just press W against a boss for a while and mash the melee key for 30 minutes because you lack the DPS to take him down faster.

I'm actualy fine with the melee weapons NOT being equipable but if they are then they should be given some boosts to compensate for what we loose.

Which is why I said IF we were able to "equip" a melee weapon we should get some additional function out of the button that is normally used to shoot. Block bullets or powerful stab attack...something.

also i stands to reason that melee weapons could be harder hitting when "equiped"

If ist the main weapon youre using why not let it be as strong as other main weapons like a shotgun right?

And you are telling me that because...?

I feel the same about melee being a big feature of the game.

To be honest the melee combat in Warframe is already leaps and bounds beyond just a simple slash move like COD.

Basic combo, charge attack, jump attack and sliding attack already make it a pretty deep melee system for a shooter.

I'd love it to expand of course.

My personal favorite current move is the run,jump, crouch, melee...

the flying ninja kick air slash attack! :)

I know the melee is already far better than CoD I more meant the whole "mash [key] to melee". Obviously it would take time to swap between melee and your guns so yes there should be an advantage to having them out (other than just looking badass).