Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valence fusion (or part swap) for modular items

Redpaws

It'd be really nice if there was a way to 'fuse' a modular weapon of the same type to change the parts while keeping any polarities you have. This would make it far less punishing for someone that have already invested several formas into a kitgun or zaw, before realizing they'd want to slightly tweak the build. Also makes it not feel nearly as bad when weapon balance changes happens, like what happened to the primary kitguns. Or just for players that have used a kitgun/zaw for a long time, and want to change the build without throwing 5+ forma out the window.

Some limitations would obviously apply. Example: a Plague Kripath polearm can only fuse with another Plague Kripath polearm, and a primary Tombfinger can only fuse with another primary Tombfinger. But you'd still be able change which two-handed grip is used. Like changing Shtung for Seekala, or Brash for Tremor.

Alternatively, if it is possible, add a way to directly replace one part at their respective builder instead. So you could bring your kitgun to Zuud, and change your Splat for a Killstream, Lovetap for Haymaker etc, assuming you've built the part. Losing the part you replace is honestly fine.

The modular items (with restrictions) this would apply to:
Kitguns (can't change chamber, can't change primary to secondary or vice versa)
Zaws (can't change strike, can't change one-handed to two-handed or vice versa)
MOA (Can't change head, polarity from legs doesn't change)

The three main things that made me make this thread is the rather drastic rebalance of primary kitguns so shortly after release, the massive changes to Zaws and melee as a whole with melee 3.0, and the massive changes to status. Also the more personal reason that I want to change one part on my secondary kitgun (due to the status changes), but I've already invested 8 forma + exilus adapter into it, which makes it VERY hard to justify rebuilding it. Even if it costed a forma to fuse/change parts, that's still way better than having to spend another 9 forma rebuilding it from scratch.

Edited by Redpaws
  • Like 3

I will wholeheartedly support this!

I rebuilt my 6 forma secondary Tombfinger after realising I used the "wrong" loader, including the potato and exilus adapter... That's about 110 wasted plat.

Then the - sorry for saying it that way - utter bulls*** changes to my completely built, modded and forma'd primary tremor Tombfinger. The minimum damage brash grip now is superior (in the case of fully charged shots) due to it not needing any fire rate mod and thus being able to use another damage increasing mod instead. Tremor now has its monster recoil with no benefit.

Do you thoroughly think about the changes you're implementing?

Edit: Personally I'd prefer a simple part swap at the respective kitgun/zaw merchant, costing standing for example.

Edited by -SG-Vulcanizor