The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New space look

DemonStrikerX

So by now we have already received the new orbiter and the new deferred rendering system but we still havent received that improved space look that we got to see in tennocon 2019. When loading into the new corpus ships we get to see a similar or a bit of that look we saw at tennocon but its kinda disappointing that this is not the case through out the game. What are you guys' thought on this.

I wouldn't mind getting new looking looks as it gets stale quite quickly seeing the same old design constantly so I'm fully on this as I've played this game for like 2+ years now and it's grown tiresome for me already.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Improved space look? The skybox? Or the atmosphere?

Hmm dont really understand these terms so well (sorry for my lack of knowledge) but what I am referring to is how the orbiter view from the top looks ingame currently vs the tennocon 2019 showcase. Having that look applied through out the game would be fantastic.

1 hour ago, DemonStrikerX said:

Hmm dont really understand these terms so well (sorry for my lack of knowledge) but what I am referring to is how the orbiter view from the top looks ingame currently vs the tennocon 2019 showcase. Having that look applied through out the game would be fantastic.

The view of the world outside of the play area is a skybox. We are literally playing inside of a box and the insides of the box are painted to make it not look like a box.

The tennocon 2019 view out of the orbiter just looked like a railjack mission area. They have been adding new ones for various planets for some loading screens. And they will have new orbit skyboxes for the corpus expansion of railjack. We just don't typically park our orbiter in any of these scenes. Maybe some day.

Edited by Firetempest

2 hours ago, Firetempest said:

The view of the world outside of the play area is a skybox. We are literally playing inside of a box and the insides of the box are painted to make it not look like a box.

The tennocon 2019 view out of the orbiter just looked like a railjack mission area. They have been adding new ones for various planets for some loading screens. And they will have new orbit skyboxes for the corpus expansion of railjack. We just don't typically park our orbiter in any of these scenes. Maybe some day.

My point is that they are much more pleasing to look at the current very outdated skybox that we have right now