The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does DE have a problem with Mirage?

On 2020-07-06 at 7:48 AM, selig_fay said:

1 - The most interesting and useful buff system in the game.

2 - The most powerful CC, protection and invisibility with a mobility feature that ignores lasers.

3 - Good mass CC with damage and rad prock for more CC new enemies.

4 - Just a laser with debuff potential.

Really, don't put Wisp on a par with bad frames.

I think the Primary reason people have a low oppinion of wisp is because of that Stupid Lazer....

So many players treat her like a one button Warframe when really her entire kit is Fantastic..... i really like Breach Surge.... its a teeny bit weak even at 300% Strength but thats one of my Favourites. Having its ranged doubled by teleporting to a Mote is Awesome.

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I think the Primary reason people have a low oppinion of wisp is because of that Stupid Lazer....

So many players treat her like a one button Warframe when really her entire kit is Fantastic..... i really like Breach Surge.... its a teeny bit weak even at 300% Strength but thats one of my Favourites. Having its ranged doubled by teleporting to a Mote is Awesome.

Yes, Wisp is the ideal of what a support frame should be. She is not strong, She can't kill enemies with a single button and give rabid DR and energy (although it has excellent synergy with Dethcube, which for some reason counts the damage from an electric mote in the counter of the energy generator.), but all her abilities are very useful. Even a laser, which can be useful in some situations. 

7 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Yes, Wisp is the ideal of what a support frame should be. She is not strong, She can't kill enemies with a single button and give rabid DR and energy (although it has excellent synergy with Dethcube, which for some reason counts the damage from an electric mote in the counter of the energy generator.), but all her abilities are very useful. Even a laser, which can be useful in some situations. 

I didnt know that trick about Dethcube 😮 !!!

6 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

This also works with Synth Deconstruct. Apparently, the sentinels become owners of the damage and take this into account.

I bet DE will claim this too is a bug and just nerfit aswell 😞

On 2020-07-07 at 12:37 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

This made me laugh. After Zephyr gets her Deluxe you are free to complain.

I did say "and others I dunno about". Never said Mirage is the only "old" frame that doesn't have a Deluxe yet. There's also Hydroid, as far as I know. So yeah.

On 2020-07-05 at 11:39 AM, Miyabi-sama said:

She has no really good tennogen skins, just barely decent.

There isn't much to work with, her core design may be OK for some people but it is all over the place for anyone else, I wouldn't ask for an option to replace some of her body parts but her shoes are hideous and it is very hard to really make something decent with only normal maps.

On 2020-07-08 at 4:40 AM, KnossosTNC said:

Mirage Prime is my most played frame. She got me through Pluto, Eris, Sedna and T4 Void, and remains great for clearing Fissures.

She doesn't need a Deluxe skin; her Prime skin is perfect in my view. I'm sure she'll get one eventually, but I don't think she needs one.

And her 1 + 3 combo is just about as pure, simple DPS as you can get. Pair her up with a rapid-fire AoE weapon like the Acceltra, and she'll just bulldoze through missions.

Really, the only thing I think she needs is a bit of survivability - she can be a bit fragile. I suppose there is a place for a glass cannon frame, though, and teammates can help.

So yeah, Mirage hasn't got attention because she doesn't desperately need one.

Akzani Prime would be nice, if DE chop off like 0.8 seconds off the reload time. Would go very well with my Khora.

Mirage is among my most played Frames too, she's my absolute favorite, but that doesn't stop me from seeing flaws in her design.

And, to be honest, I DO agree about that. I'm not exactly searching for a Deluxe skin either, as I think her Prime appearance is gorgeous. ...but it does still suck that she's among those who still don't have one yet certain others are being given second Deluxes already.

1 and 3 is good, sure... if you're under light. I do agree with the damage output, it's incredibly nuts, especially when I play with my friend who mains Chroma and Octavia. But remember, her 3 is inconsistent. I've been in so many situations where I was hoping for one of its buffs, but instead got the other. Its function should not be this wonky, it should be reliable and dependable, not using inconsistent mechanics that don't even seem to follow its own rules (aka standing in a "light" spot but in reality is treated as dark).

And what I said above applies to here too. If her 3 was only something manually controllable/toggleable, she would have the survivability she needs. 95% damage reduction is no joke, but what are you supposed to do? Go find a random shady spot in the corner and never leave there just because there's a level 100 Nox?

As I've said in my first post, she's not weak. I never once saw her as weak nor useless. She's powerful in her own right, and fun to play. But she has the consistency of a person with wild mood swings. You can't control what buff she gets, or rather you can, but the logic behind it is not ideal for a game like Warframe. Go to light if you want damage, go to dark if you want tankiness. It's not that easy in practice. Is this a light spot? Oh. No, the game apparently thinks its dark. Oh there's a bunch of enemies, I'm going to wreck them with my 512% damage boost- oh. I'm in dark again. And I can't find a light area. Great.

and I just want Akzani to be improved in general. Not to rival the likes of, say, Pyrana Prime, Aksomati Prime, or Akbolto Prime... but at least make it more viable to use regularly instead of being just a "weapon I wanted to use randomly."

Archived