Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber Mod And..... Bows.

Detheroc

This mod bullies bows to death... all they are good for is their accuracy and the good feeling when you nail a running guy from 25 meters away... Bows really need more damage to be "kinda" effective mid to late game (and idc that you can oneshot grineer and corpus corrupted in t3 defense, cause a soma does this better with more fire rate). Now it feels like you are using a shotgun bow.

Have you ever noticed that bows DO have a "recoil"? Test it yourself and shoot on a wall 30 meters away. After you let the arrow go, the bow definately KICKS. Think about it.

I agree with the statement that it clearly hasnt been thought out properly for bows, since bows Need this badly.

But you do realise that the recoil of a bow doesnt effect the next shot?, what are you saying, that the jolt after a shot is still there after you pull another arrow from your clip, and it messes up your next shot? xD

I agree with the statement that it clearly hasnt been thought out properly for bows, since bows Need this badly.

But you do realise that the recoil of a bow doesnt effect the next shot?, what are you saying, that the jolt after a shot is still there after you pull another arrow from your clip, and it messes up your next shot? xD

No, but it could be USED as the recoil amplify. Also, if they really want to give every weapon a downside with this mod, the Ignis shouldnt come away like that.

Edited by Detheroc

But they changed the mod from increasing recoil to decreasing accuracy. OP's statement about accuracy is just an aside.

Edited by theasl

I hope this gets looked at. 

I understand the need to keep already powerful weapons like the Dera, Flux Rifle, and even Acrid (Magnum Force) from  being OP/more OP, but certain weapons needed this mod to be more viable, mainly all the sniper-class weapons--especially the bows. 

I love the bows, but they are lacking severely. Heavy Calibur could have helped immensely in that respect. 

I totally understand, and totally agrees to you!!  This must rework!!!

Or maybe they should make more the bow mods coz bows are pretty much far away from any other weapon even from sniping weapon.  some mods are useless or not working becoz it is bow

Edited by LunariaN-

I much preferred the recoil change as opposed to accuracy. With Magnum force my Lex becomes a mini shotgun, it's not even worth using, whereas before I could run it on the Lex because I always wait for my recoil to set before the next shot; it teaches me to manage a mechanic in order to make this mod worth using.

Whereas they changed it to make it worse on weapons with no recoil, but the flux rifle is unchanged, and the Ignis even got better with the giant spread you get out of the incredible accuracy penalty causing the fire to spread worse than before.

Putting the additional recoil on the Burston or Braton did make them slightly unusable but putting it against other weapons such as the Hind or others made them challenging, but could make you very successful when you adapt and change your playstyle accordingly.

In short, recoil was a better mechanic. there were so few problem weapons, why not just come up with a solution to these zero recoil weapons, which are fairly few and far compared to the recoil weapons, instead of listening to the minority on the forums who screamed until they got their own way.

I much preferred the recoil change as opposed to accuracy. With Magnum force my Lex becomes a mini shotgun, it's not even worth using, whereas before I could run it on the Lex because I always wait for my recoil to set before the next shot; it teaches me to manage a mechanic in order to make this mod worth using.

Whereas they changed it to make it worse on weapons with no recoil, but the flux rifle is unchanged, and the Ignis even got better with the giant spread you get out of the incredible accuracy penalty causing the fire to spread worse than before.

Putting the additional recoil on the Burston or Braton did make them slightly unusable but putting it against other weapons such as the Hind or others made them challenging, but could make you very successful when you adapt and change your playstyle accordingly.

In short, recoil was a better mechanic. there were so few problem weapons, why not just come up with a solution to these zero recoil weapons, which are fairly few and far compared to the recoil weapons, instead of listening to the minority on the forums who screamed until they got their own way.

they should have just changed the weapons with no recoil to - accuracy.

I wouldn't mind more bow-exclusive mods. They have a bunch of factors that make them totally unique from other weapons in the game. Especially since Thunderbolt is so.. bad.

Maybe even a thunderbolt rework that makes it affected by the other mods on the bow, so you can use it for large AoE freezes and increase the damage.

It's hard to explain but it doesn't have recoil that moves the crosshair up the screen.

What it does is move the camera to simulate the releas of pressure.

You take the camera back a notch and then put it forward in the correct position.

Simultaneously you take the camera down the y axis but tilt it upwards slightly.

then after the impulse it just pulls the camera back to the correct position. I'll post a picture in paint for you. watch this post.

Done:
Orange dot on the right is the Crosshair.

ij0h.jpg
Edited by NetSlayer