Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seraph, the fallen angel v2.5

Gashabae

Seraph's 2nd ability has been replaced and her 1st, 3rd, and 4th abilities have

received some updated synergies and mechanics.

Seraph

The Seraphim of Judaism/Christianity.

This is Seraph, the fallen, the spiteful.

Seraph's surrender to heresy split his soul in two. Tenno, beware of his judgement.

Base Statistics

Health - 100 (300 at max rank)

Shield - 200 (600 at max rank)

Armour - 225

Energy - 150 (225 at max rank)

Sprint - 0.95

Gender - Male

Passive(s)

P1. Descendance

Seraph loses faith in his enemies the more he is forced to pacify them.

• Descendance[P1] meter is displayed in the lower-right of the HUD, above the ability icons.
    • Each enemy affected by Protective Surge[1] increases meter by 2%.
    • Each enemy pacified by Heaven's Grace[2] increases meter by 1%.
    • Each status effect negated by Angelic Defence[3] increases meter by 0.5%.
    • Heresy[4] has an initial cost of 5% meter with a 0.5% meter drain.
    • Meter cannot increase while Heresy[4] is active.
    • Meter values are unmodifiable via efficiency mods.

P1.a. Fall from Grace - Augment

When Descendance[P1] is filled Heresy[4] will automatically become active and will remain active until Descendance[P1] is fully drained. Heresy[4] can no longer be manually controlled. All abilities cost 50% less while Descendance[P1] is being used by Heresy[4], and any additional modded efficiency is converted into power strength during this time. 

P2. Hand of God

Seraph possess two sets of abilities; Benevolent and Vengeful. These two sets of abilities are swapped between through the use of Heresy[4].

Benevolent Passive

Reviving an ally will provide both Seraph and that ally maximum overshields. This includes reviving a Warframe, Defence Target, companion, etc.

Vengeful Passive

Any Heat b Heat proc inflicted by Seraph's abilities last 50% longer and deal 25% more damage.

P3. Holy Light

A state in which an enemy is procced by Holy Light[P3] represented by a small light shining down on them. Holy light[P3] will remain active until the enemy procced with Holy Light[P3] receives damage which blinds the affected enemy for 3 seconds. This acts as a primer to other abilities with differing effects. This is only found in the Benevolent abilities and is the main method of increasing Descendance[P1].

Abilities

Unmodifiable stats will be preceded by an asterisk (e.g. with a range of 25m*).

1. Protective Surge & Chastised Surge - 25 energy

Seraph propels himself forward with his ethereal wings for 1s with a wingspan of 4m at a speed of 12 m/s*.

Protective Surge - Benevolent

Traveling through allies cleanses all active status effects. Seraph is provided a status cleanse upon use.

• [Descendance - Passive] +2% per enemy Seraph travels through that is procced with Holy Light[P3] from Heaven's Grace[2] or Consequence[3.5].
  • [Holy Light - Passive] For every enemy Seraph travels through that is procced with Holy Light[P3] from Heaven's Grace[2] or Consequence[3.5] there will be a 5* energy return and will trigger the innate blind effect dispelling the Holy Light[P3] proc. The energy return cannot exceed the ability cost.

Chastised Surge - Vengeful

Seraph leaves a trail of burning feathers in his wake. At the end of the surge Seraph loses all momentum grinding to a halt by sweeping his wings in front of him inflicting 700 Heat b Heat damage in a 8m line with a width equal to half his wingspan, there is a minimum width of 1.5m*.

• [Synergy w/ Heaven's Fury] If Heaven's Fury[2] is used on the burning feathers, they explode proccing the Knockdown status effect and stripping 50%* of defences permanently. Enemies standing within the feather area are affected.

1.a. Guardian Fiend - Augmentect dispelling the Holy Ligh

Protective Surge[1] refills 50% of missing shields and reduces shield recharge delay by 50%* for all affected allies. Chastised Surge[1] creates a line of cracked molten earth that will remain for 8s. Enemies that wander into the molten earth will have a 35% reduction to their movement speed capping out at 50%*. Damage is reduced by 75%* and will instead be applied periodically while under the affect of molten earth.

Spoiler

Burning feathers created by Chastised Surge[1] despawn after 30 seconds.

2. Heaven’s Grace & Heaven’s Fury - 50 energy

Seraph spawns a spectral angel at the targeted location within a 20m cast range. These angels are intangible and invisible to enemies. Each angel lasts for 20s with a cap of 4* angels.

Heaven’s Grace - Benevolent

Each spectral angel targets an enemy and proc them with Holy Light[P3] over a 1s period before moving on to the next enemy (inversely modifiable by duration). The next instance of damage affected enemies receive will blind them for 3s* expelling the effects of Holy Light[P]

• [Descendance - Passive] +1% per enemy pacified with Holy Light[P3].

Heaven’s Fury - Vengeful

Each spectral angel appears teleporting to and smiting Seraph's enemies with a holy sword. This spectral angel deals 400 Heat b Heat damage with a 70% status chance. Fury receives bonus damage which scales off of current enemy level.

2.a. Gift from Heaven - Augment

The Descendance[P1] gain from Heaven's Grace[2] is increased by 20% for every additional enemy that is pacified. Every enemy stroke by Heaven's Fury[2] will grant Seraph 10 health and for every killed 20 health. This does not combine to 30 health if an enemy later dies to a Heat b Heat proc produced by Heaven's Fury[2].

Spoiler

Gift from Heaven would increase the Descendance[P1] gain with each subsequent strike scaling off of the base 1% from Heaven's Grace[2].

e.g. #1. No power strength mods equipped. (20% increase)

Descendance[P] gain after each subsequent strike: 1%, 1.2%, 1.4%, 1.6%, etc.

e.g. #2. 200% power strength. (40% increase)

Descendance[P] gain after each subsequent strike: 1%, 1.4%, 1.8%, 2.2%, etc.

3. Angelic Defence & Angelic Offence - 75 energy

Seraph becomes immune to all status effects for 40s. Every status proc that is negated decreases the current ability duration by 5.0%*. Holding the ability key will deactivate the ability.

Angelic Defence - Benevolent

Each status proc that is negated will provide 5% damage reduction to a cap of 90%*. Self-inflicted staggers apply until the cap is reached. This buff can carry over to the Vengeful abilities but can only increase while the Benevolent abilities are active. While using the Vengeful abilities Angelic Defence's[3] duration is paused.

• [Descendance - Passive] +0.5% per status effect negated.
  • [Synergy w/ Heaven's Grace] Status procs Seraph negates while stationary in Heaven's Grace[2] grants 100%* more Descendance[P1].

Angelic Offence - Vengeful

Each status proc that is negated will provide 5% bonus damage to his abilities. Self-inflicted staggers do not apply. This buff can only increase while the Vengeful abilities are active. While using the Benevolent abilities Angelic Offence's[3] duration is paused.

3.a. Consequence - Augment

While Angelic Defence[3] is active enemies that proc a status on Seraph will have a 40% chance of having Holy Light[P3] applied to them, and Angelic Offence[3] has an equal chance at proccing Heat b Heat.

Spoiler

Both Angelic buffs can be active at once but duration drain and the buff increase associated with them will only be active if the matching ability set is being used.

Angelic Offence[3] will not be affected by self-inflicted stagger meaning no duration is reduced and the buff does not increase.

Self-inflicted stagger will stop draining duration from Angelic Defence[3] after 90% damage reduction is achieved. Other sources of damage will continue to drain duration.

4. Heresy - 0 energy

Seraph shrieks in anger bursting into flames setting all enemies within 8m ablaze. Seraph stops using his Benevolent abilities and opts to use their Vengeful counterparts. If Descendance[P1] runs out, Seraph will send out a 25m heal of 750 health for all allies.

• [Descendance - Passive] 0.5% drain with an initial cost of 5%.
  • [Holy Light - Passive] All enemies that are procced with Holy Light[P3] when Heresy[4] is used will be feared for 8s*. Range is infinite.

4.a. Smite the Infidel - Augment

A drain of 5 energy/s is added to the ability cost (modifiable via efficiency). Upon initial cast, all enemies within the flame radius are knocked down and Seraph's equipped melee weapon is given a 150% bonus Heat Heat damage buff with a guaranteed status proc.

Updates

July 17, 2020

Spoiler

Passive

Descendance

• [Fall from Grace - Augment] Reduced the 75% efficiency to 50%

Hand of God

• [Benevolent] Reworked. Reviving an ally will provide both Seraph and that ally maximum overshield.
  • [Vengeful] Reduced the 50% bonus damage to heat to 25%.

Holy Light

• Appended to the description: "Holy light will remain active until the enemy procced with holy light receives damage."

Abilities

1. Protective Surge

• [Synergy] The duration of the blind is equal to the sleep duration of Heaven's Grace.
  • [Guardian Fiend - Augment] Recharge delay reduction is capped at 50% and the duration is reduced from 18 seconds at base to 5 seconds.

1. Chastised Surge

• The fire emitted by Seraph's wings have a width equal to half of his wingspan. There is a minimum width of 1.5 meters.
  • [Synergy] Knockdown strips 25% of enemy armour and shield.
  • [Guardian Fiend - Augment] Reworked. The Line of fire Seraph emits forward will now only do 25% of its modded damage but will create cracked molten earth that will remain for 8 seconds. Enemies that wander onto it will be rendered immobile by a constant heat proc until the duration expires.

2. Heaven's Grace

• [Gift from Heaven - Augment] Descendance gain is now increased and capped at 20%.

2. Heaven's Fury

• Damage now scales off of the average health points of enemies affected.
  • [Gift from Heaven - Augment] Health received is decreased by 5 for both hits and kills.

3. Angelic Defence & Offence

• Base duration is increased by 20 seconds and duration cap is increased by 60 seconds.
  • Holding the ability key will deactivate the ability.

3. Angelic Defence 

• The damage reduction received now carries over to the Angelic Offence, Vengeful, ability but can only increase while Angelic Defence, Benevolent, ability is in use.

3. Angelic Offence

• Self-inflicted status procs no longer apply. This means it will not add to the damage buff or reduce the ability duration.
  • Switching out of the Vengeful abilities will reset the buff.

4. Heresy

• Enemies that are procced by holy light when the ability is used are feared.
  • The heal no longer applies when exiting the ability but only when Descendance runs out. The heal is increased from 250 to 750 health with an increase of 10 meters to base heal range.

Oct 1, 2020

Spoiler

Passive

Holy Light

• Now has a consistent blind effect across the board. There are still differing effects as it applies to different abilities but the default will always be a blind.
  • Interaction with Surge now has energy return and will proc the innate blind effect.

Abilities

1. Chastised Surge

• [Synergy] Defence strip is increased from 25% to 50% (unmodifiable). 
  • [Augment] Reworked completely.
  • Burning feathers now despawn after 30 s.

2. Heaven's Grace & Fury 

• [Both] Lock targeting angle to 65 °.
  • [Heaven's Fury] Damage now scales off of enemy level.

3. Angelic Defence & Offence

• Duration is reduced from 60 to 40 s.
  • Duration cap is removed.

4. Heresy

• [Augment] 5 energy drain added and heat damage increased from 30% to 150%.

Other

Base Statistics

• Energy reduced from 175 to 150.

General

• Concept format change.

Archiving Abilities

Spoiler

2. Heaven’s Grace & Heaven’s Fury - 50 energy

Seraph hovers in place targeting all enemies in a 65°* cone in front of him with a range of 12m. The ability effect applies one target at a time with a 0.25s* delay. While stationary he is provided with 70% damage reduction to a max of 95%*.

Heaven’s Grace - Benevolent

Pacifies all enemies with Holy Light[P3]. The next instance of damage they receive will blind them for 3s* expelling the effects of Holy Light[P3].

• [Descendance - Passive] +1% per enemy pacified with Holy Light[P3].

Heaven’s Fury - Vengeful

A spectral angel appears teleporting to and smiting Seraph's enemies with a holy sword. This spectral angel deals 400 Heat b Heat damage with a 70% status chance. Fury receives bonus damage which scales off of current enemy level.

2.a. Gift from Heaven - Augment

The Descendance[P1] gain from Heaven's Grace[2] is increased by 20% for every additional enemy that is pacified. Every enemy stroke by Heaven's Fury[2] will grant Seraph 10 health and for every killed 20 health. This does not combine to 30 health if an enemy later dies to a Heat b Heat proc produced by Heaven's Fury[2].

Thanks for reading!

- Good Luck, Have Fun -

• 2 months later...

Reworks

• Guardian Fiend's[1.5] application to Chastised Surge[1] has been reworked completely (read ability description).
  • Holy Light[P] now has a consistent effect in all cases and interactions to certain abilities.
  • Heaven's Fury[2] damage now scales off of enemy level.
  • Angelic Defence & Offence's[3] duration cap is removed.
  • Angelic Defence & Offence[3] can be active at the same time with some caveats (read ability description).
  • Smite the Infidel's[4.5] heat damage buff is increased from 30% to 150%. There is an added 5 energy drain to Heresy[4].
  • Updated concept format.

Stat Changes

Spoiler

Chastised Surge

• Increased defence strip from 25% to 50% (permanent strip).
  • Burning feathers despawn after 30s.

Heaven's Fury

• Locked targeting angle to 65 °.

Heresy (Smite the Infidel)

• Increased Heat damage buff from 30% to 150%.
  • Added a 5 energy drain.

Base Statistics

• Decreased base energy from 175 to 150.

I guess you beat me to this cycles Angel Frame post. Good show. I have chosen to work on its concept art, since that is why I started doing the project in the first place.

Anyways...I think the themes in the design are a little too overt. Harrow is a Nortic Christian Priest that flagellates himself, but his design has other motifs that..muddle that major motif, for the better.

Serph it seems like Serph is a support/tank that converts to a DPS build almost at will. Additionally, more instances of support you give the more Damage you are rewarded when you convert to DPS.

Not a bad idea. It honestly reminds me of the Mystic knight/Dark Knight trade off of Ciel from Final Fantasy 4. His abilities still work, while less effective, while soloing, so that is still good.

The frame's ability mechanics feel a little like a combination of Equinox and Xaku, mostly in the mode switch and duration pausing between modes. I am unsure how execution of this will go, because I have had mixed performance myself when using those frames. I am bias, because I prefer a low casting frequency, melee frames when I am playing.

I also think his 2 is a little broken. Having a hyper effective defence that also turns into a lite-Blade Storm feels really cheap.

His passive kind of brokern too, as it forces the player into a Beserker DPS mode that pauses the duration on a bunch of damage reduction and status negation abilites. I actually almost think the passive mechanic can be done away with and just have Heresy be a duration ability that increases with the number of allies that Seraph needs to protect or heal with the Benevolent abilites that it uses while in Vengeful mode. I can tell you put a lot of effort into balancing it though, so it may be good to give some examples of it being executed, through pictures or math or something.

Good luck with your design.

48 minutes ago, Lukarith said:

Anyways...I think the themes in the design are a little too overt. Harrow is a Nortic Christian Priest that flagellates himself, but his design has other motifs that..muddle that major motif, for the better.

That's a valid critique. I've never been that good at making a theme subtle and usually go over the top. It's pretty obvious that's what happened with Seraph lol.

49 minutes ago, Lukarith said:

The frame's ability mechanics feel a little like a combination of Equinox and Xaku, mostly in the mode switch and duration pausing between modes. I am unsure how execution of this will go, because I have had mixed performance myself when using those frames. I am bias, because I prefer a low casting frequency, melee frames when I am playing.

Admittedly, I added the duration pause in response to DE doing the same to Xaku. I feel as if the pausing addresses the issue of forcing him to swap in and out of Heresy to recast the Angelic buffs -- even more so when using his Passive Augment which forces him to remain in Heresy.

56 minutes ago, Lukarith said:

I also think his 2 is a little broken. Having a hyper effective defence that also turns into a lite-Blade Storm feels really cheap.

Also valid although I hadn't noticed it myself (thx). I might look into reworking this but the ability is a core component to how Holy Light works so targeting large groups of enemies seems almost mandatory. This could definitely be done in a different way but it still needs to accomplish the same goal.

1 hour ago, Lukarith said:

His passive kind of brokern too, as it forces the player into a Beserker DPS mode that pauses the duration on a bunch of damage reduction and status negation abilites. I actually almost think the passive mechanic can be done away with and just have Heresy be a duration ability that increases with the number of allies that Seraph needs to protect or heal with the Benevolent abilites that it uses while in Vengeful mode. I can tell you put a lot of effort into balancing it though, so it may be good to give some examples of it being executed, through pictures or math or something.

A huge appeal to this concept (at least to me) is how it blends the cycling forms / swapping abilities and a unique resource (fusion of Equinox and Baruuk). I don't think that's something I'm willing to ditch in this concept but you do have a good point about the pausing of damage reduction. A possible solution could be to have a xx second delay before the damage reduction begins to decay?? I appreciate you bringing that to my attention (I guarantee I wouldn't have noticed otherwise) but like I said I don't think the solution is to just bail on the passive entirely. The reason why I allowed DR to carry over was in response to someone pointing out the utter lack of survivability Vengeful Seraph would have (which is true). There has to be a balance between pausing the ability and not having the DR apply at all.

The status immunity doesn't carry over with the buffs. If he is in his Vengeful ability set Angelic Offence must be active for him to benefit from the status immunity. This was probably my fault since it wasn't explained very clearly. 

I'm also not sure what you mean by "forces the player into a Beserker DPS mode." To be clear, the passive augment is what forces a player into the Beserker DPS mode not the base passive. I think someone else made the mistake of mixing the two up in a previous iteration of this concept so that's why I'm guessing you are. If not my bad.

Thanks for the feedback! It's great to get a different perspective because I wouldn't have caught a lot of the issues you brought up on my own. 

Archived