Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich missions should be quest locked

BootlegSpaceAunt

Platform: PC
Region: NA
Mission Type: Kuva Lich Capture and Survival
Planet: Mars
Kuva Lich: Arbarr Tabo (attached to me, the MR27 player)

To my understanding, a Tenno cannot create a Kuva Lich frenemy until they have completed The War Within quest. However, I recently discovered that while you cannot create a Kuva Lich, it is entirely possible to go along with players on Kuva Lich missions. I know this because I brought an MR1, very baby Tenno, with barely 2 hours of gameplay under their belt, in search of Arbarr Tabo and his fifteen friends who know it. 

(Disclaimer: I'm not a sadistic Tenno. This player asked me to take them to missions that were beyond their capabilities. It's not the kind of thing I tend to do, but after seeing a different Tenno in a KL mission, who had not yet completed The Second Dream, the opportunity to test this was fortuitous.)

Screenshots below:

Spoiler

Zge8bMO.png

YoX8NHS.png

In my humble opinion, all Kuva Lich missions should be quest locked to The War Within. In the same way that you can't go to the Ropalolyst on Jupiter, until you've completed The Chimera Prolgoue. What real benefit to players get from farming murmurs besides some affinity and requiem relics, I suppose? Still this is something they have to work towards, and not just get taxied to like it's Mot. Just something for y'all to consider. Please stay safe in the meantime. We all flatten the curve together.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

What is the downside of this being possible though? They see a drugged up Grineer and otherwise - as you mentioned - get benefits.

The downside isn't apparent when you taxi a lich-less tenno into a mission like this.  Getting a lich is a really involved, very front loaded process.  Aside from needing to get relics from kuva missions (which aren't explained well), and then crack them to get the appropriate requiems (general advice is to get all 8 before even starting to mess with the lich itself), and then even still the more specific details of how to kill the lich while the entire process starts at "difficult" for MR5 scaling into "impossible without help".  All the while an enemy that you can't turn off is taking your resources and slowing your overall progress.

Sure, you can ask for help and have someone carry you through a process but that doesn't change that you can begin this entire process almost completely by accident.  My suggestion is to just move the entire process behind The Sacrifice or MR lock it after 10.  The entire thing consumes your experience if you aren't ready to deal with it and straight up locks someone like an MR6 player out of increasingly larger parts of the star chart before making a massive part of the game inaccessible.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb SirAlden:

The downside isn't apparent when you taxi a lich-less tenno into a mission like this.  Getting a lich is a really involved, very front loaded process.  Aside from needing to get relics from kuva missions (which aren't explained well), and then crack them to get the appropriate requiems (general advice is to get all 8 before even starting to mess with the lich itself), and then even still the more specific details of how to kill the lich while the entire process starts at "difficult" for MR5 scaling into "impossible without help".  All the while an enemy that you can't turn off is taking your resources and slowing your overall progress.

Sure, you can ask for help and have someone carry you through a process but that doesn't change that you can begin this entire process almost completely by accident.  My suggestion is to just move the entire process behind The Sacrifice or MR lock it after 10.  The entire thing consumes your experience if you aren't ready to deal with it and straight up locks someone like an MR6 player out of increasingly larger parts of the star chart before making a massive part of the game inaccessible.

Nevermind I misunderstood and wasn't aware that was actually possible.

Just now, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Uh, wasn't this about Liches and not Larvlings?

I covered both.  It's an entire process which newer players shouldn't be able to interact with at all until much later than they're able to now.

Gerade eben schrieb SirAlden:

I covered both.  It's an entire process which newer players shouldn't be able to interact with at all until much later than they're able to now.

Yeah, I re-read OP again and wasn't aware MR1 players could get Liches that way. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, SirAlden said:

My suggestion is to just move the entire process behind The Sacrifice or MR lock it after 10.  The entire thing consumes your experience if you aren't ready to deal with it and straight up locks someone like an MR6 player out of increasingly larger parts of the star chart before making a massive part of the game inaccessible.

You make a fair point and I'm inclined to agree with a mastery lock instead of a quest lock, if such a thing is possible. This game is daunting when you start, and restricting their access focuses their progression. As opposed to feeling even more overwhelmed, when the preferred reaction is excitement for a new challenge. For me (MR27), this is fun stuff. Bring it on! However, thinking back to when I had just finished The War Within, I'm not sure if this is something I would have bothered with until later on.

Not naming names, but via Q&A chat, I've seen some folks who didn't realise what the Kuva Larvling is or the effects of their new "friendship".

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Yeah, I re-read OP again and wasn't aware MR1 players could get Liches that way. Thanks.

No, the MR1 player can't get a Lich. However, I was able to bring one with me on a mission to pursue my Lich. The point I've tried to make is that they shouldn't have access to that content yet. Apologies since my explanation was unclear. I'll edit to add that point.

Gerade eben schrieb Tennossee_Williams:

No, the MR1 player can't get a Lich. However, I was able to bring one with me on a mission to pursue my Lich. The point I've tried to make is that they shouldn't have access to that content yet. Apologies since my explanation was unclear. I'll edit to add that point.

Ah, yeah then I see no issue with that. It's like saying MR1 players shouldn't be allowed do to Eidolons even if their buddies carry them.

Archived