Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Deluxe

Quir0

So I was checking on Hydroid Deluxe, and there was something not feeling quite right.
So I went back into the concept and looking into the model to see what was going on. And the proportions in the model seemed off.

Top: His arms seemed thin, the back muscles connecting from shoulders to neck seem oddly huge (the concept have very natural flow and proportions on its anatomy). And the arms and hands lost the "spikyness" it had in the concept.

Bottom: When I first looked at it, once again, something was off. The shin "armor" piece looks really long and doesn't keep its angular shape on top (from the front looking like an elongated pentagon instead of a semi-regular hexagon). The cloth piece on the front seems to weirdly pop out from the belt (if you see the concept, there's some stretching to the sides and another piece of loose belt cloth on the front), it looks unnatural in comparison. And last but not least, does he even have a booty? XD How can a pirate not have a booty!?

So yea, the body proportions seem off, sorry for the complaints, maybe it's just the angle and pose?

Images for reference

liger-inuzuka-hydroid-deluxe-fin-wtrmrk.
unknown.png

I just rechecked a live show of it in game. It looks fairly better, it was indeed the pose and angle.

The only one thing that remains off is the shin guards. I feel like that's the main part that I feel needs a model tweak, with a more square-ish look, rather than the current more rectangular look.

Archived