Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change the Capture Bonus on PoE!

TuxKick

A bonus for the "Capture the new Grineer Commander" step during a Plains of Eidolon bounty "Bonus: Capture the target without killing any other enemies" needs to be changed. It is almost 99% never completed in public because either (1) someone doesn't read (2) someone kills an enemy after capturing the commander and then it fails you despite the mission already completed or (3) someone trolls or doesn't care for the bonuses. Please change this. A timed bonus of "capture the commander in 20 seconds" or something similar is a much better bonus that rewards actual skill, not a reading comprehension.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2186064025

Edit: Another valid point is that companions don't care about anything. Companions will kill anything near you. And the rollers that self destruct also count as kills. This bonus just isn't good at all.

1 hour ago, TuxKick said:

A timed bonus of "capture the commander in 20 seconds" or something similar is a much better bonus that rewards actual skill, not a reading comprehension.

Being able to find, down and capture the target in 20 seconds isn't skill. It is luck. Lets not forget that you have to actually complete the animation. It wouldn't be much better than what we have now. I think we can agree that having no one die is more luck than skill.

• I am not sure what a skill based challenge would be. This game doesn't really put much (any) focus on that.

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Being able to find, down and capture the target in 20 seconds isn't skill. It is luck. Lets not forget that you have to actually complete the animation. It wouldn't be much better than what we have now. I think we can agree that having no one die is more luck than skill.

The 20 seconds thing is just an idea. The time could be expanded at worst. Literally anything is better than what we have now for this bonus. It just doesn't work given companion kills, accidental kills, rollers exploding counting as kills, etc.

On 2020-08-04 at 6:21 AM, Lutesque said:

Its not just trolls...

This Bounty us actually Bugged... I did it while invisible with no Companion... went straight for the Capture Targt and didnt kill anything else... yet it still fails....

That sucks. I really wish they'd change it.

Archived