Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unless the nokill-auto-fail timer is intended as a dps check, please remove the damn thing from boss fights.

CMarsh

I get that it's intended as an anti-afk measure. It's bad at it, but hey, that's not what I'm here to talk about.

Ammo already serves as a dps check, spawned minions don't reset the timer, non-spawned units are generally either scripted or once-per-phase.
The usual suspect here is Kela, but I had the joy of discovering another.

Been taking on Steel Path intermittently, got to Ropalolyst.
It was hard, and not having a better ranged Amp wasn't helping, but I was managing.
Ended up ringing-out the Amalgams (whom I basically couldn't touch otherwise, and the me-clones straight up wtfmurdered me), got him down to the last lamp, when this thing shows up:

aaYZZK5.jpg

Sure, I could aborted at the start of the fight and swapped amp, brought better gear (btw, the hitbox on that bird is pure crap - I kept flinching myself with every shot of the opticor almost no matter where I stood or where I shot), but I decided to push through.
Fk me for trying, I guess.

2iAXun6.jpg

Was a bit of a kick in the teeth, gotta say.

Can this crappy, inappropriate mechanic please get removed - at least from Assassination missions - already?
Thanks in advance.

I think you should retry with an amp better suited for the ropalolyst first. I'm not against adjustments on principle but this all seems to be based on bringing the wrong gear to a gearcheck and I dont think that's the correct approach. Especially the arial pathfinding needs to be fixed so it doesnt clip into the pylons.

Klamora Prism is not bad if ropa gets close but you cant really guarantee that. What worked for me was a 717 amp because the 1 scaffold is pretty long range and can multihit ropa in some spots.

Inaros does nothing and with ropa' extreme damage output (relatively speaking) he isnt even tanky. Volt is much more useful in this fight with his shield.

Against the amalgams i would suggest a heavy attack melee build with toxin, you are correct in not letting them stay in the fight. The amalgam snipers will demolish you and the amalgam moas can even heal ropa.

21 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I think you should retry with an amp better suited for the ropalolyst first.

There's a difference between 'right tool for the job performs better' and 'no wrong tools need apply', which I think Warframe's trying to move away from.
Also, salt in the wound - that was rather enraging.

21 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

<Suggestions

Yeah, I regeared and cleared the boss in 12m.

A sincere thank you for the suggestions, however.

---

Just now, Twilight-Knight said:

That is not for anti-afk, because it's harmful.

idk, that was the reason they gave in the patchnote where they implemented it, iirc.

1 minute ago, Twilight-Knight said:

I did a disruption syndicates for medals, and then that thing appear.

:S
Yeah, like I said, it's a poorly implemented crap anti-afk mechanic, if that's what it is.

On the bright side, at least you could easily kill something to reset the timer.

vor 1 Minute schrieb CMarsh:

There's a difference between 'right tool for the job performs better' and 'no wrong tools need apply', which I think Warframe's trying to move away from.
Also, salt in the wound - that was rather enraging.

I think it depends, Steel path is dedicated to be a gear check. For regular missions i definitely agree but for steel path I think it's valid to shut off the wrong tools. Does that always happen in steel path to the same degree? No, the balancing cant be great with throwing the same health, armor and shield multipliers on everything.

Glad to hear you managed to beat it. It's still a long fight and even an avid eidolon hunter told me that he thinks ropa should have less shields although I'm not sure which amp he brought. For this fight i'm not opposed to it taking a bit however because you are never sitting around idle like you do in ambulas.

Archived