Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Should´t Be Affected By Slowdowns

lautalocos

i think lephantis shouldn´t be affected by the slowdown effect caused by M prime and rhino stomp (M prime should still cause double damage and rhino stomp should still damage him).

having 1 or 2 of the effects makes the fight incredibly boring and easy, and he is a boss, he is suppoused to be hard.

and before YOU (yes, YOU) say that that´s unfair to rhino and nova users, i say that it´s fair for almost all other warframes, which their abilities can do nothing to lephantis.

edit: as new_wiki said, the should remove the damage cap too

Edited by lautalocos

Maybe they should remove the DPS Cap off Lephantis so I can kill him faster and get the fight over with. It's one of the most boring and monotonous fights in the game.

having him be slowed down to like 1% of his normal speed is boring too. they should remove that too

there is an important factor of 'games following their rules' that Video Games should really keep a hold of. games make more sense then. 

once again, i direct to Extra Credits, who has a segment in this video that perfectly covers why Video Games should make a set of rules, and then follow them, for consistency, and player mastery of a game.

maybe Golem 2.0 (i refuse to call it by it's new name, it's 3 letters away from being 'Is Elephant', which sounds dumb) should combat this slowness, rather than just being immune. he could have the capability of removing such effects from time to time, have some resistance to them, so, stuns would last say, 30% shorter, slows would be 40% less effective, etc - instead of just being immune to everything, which makes the fight very linear and does not leave the player with any creative outlet to the problem presented by the game(in this case, the boss is your problem you must solve).

Edited by taiiat

there is an important factor of 'games following their rules' that Video Games should really keep a hold of. games make more sense then. 

once again, i direct to Extra Credits, who has a segment in this video that perfectly covers why Video Games should make a set of rules, and then follow them, for consistency, and player mastery of a game.

maybe Golem 2.0 (i refuse to call it by it's new name, it's 3 letters away from being 'Is Elephant', which sounds dumb) should combat this slowness, rather than just being immune. he could have the capability of removing such effects from time to time, have some resistance to them, so, stuns would last say, 30% shorter, slows would be 40% less effective, etc - instead of just being immune to everything, which makes the fight very linear and does not leave the player with any creative outlet to the problem presented by the game(in this case, the boss is your problem you must solve).

then you can easily make a rule. bosses should be inmune to movement disabling abilities like M prime, freeze, rhino stomp, vortex, bastille, electricity stuns, freeze damage slowdowns, fire damage panic, ETC.

really, they ARE bosses. and if they could take away CC effects from them, then the player could cast them again. and the fight would work the same.

the boss fight should be resolved with all the other skills the player has. guns, other types of skills, movement, etc.

you know, maybe actually using wall-running

double the damage he does

unstoppable and can't be slowed down

won't be that booring after that

his schyte (?) should definetely do more damage, it´s a giant weapon, easy to dodge, but still doesn´t do enough damage.

his toxic clouds, well, im not sure about that

then you can easily make a rule. bosses should be inmune to movement disabling abilities like M prime, freeze, rhino stomp, vortex, bastille, electricity stuns, freeze damage slowdowns, fire damage panic, ETC.

really, they ARE bosses. and if they could take away CC effects from them, then the player could cast them again. and the fight would work the same.

the boss fight should be resolved with all the other skills the player has. guns, other types of skills, movement, etc.

you know, maybe actually using wall-running

that isn't how the rules work. if a power does X, then it should always do X. otherwise it doesn't actually do X, only when the game feels like it.

bosses just saying 'no' to aspects of the game doesn't make a good precedent foundation for a good game in the future.

and what's wrong with recasting a power? it's akin to blocking an enemy sword with a shield, swinging your own sword, and him blocking it with his shield.

as if you're actually fighting, instead of the boss standing there just waiting for you to kill him.

making the boss more difficult and including more aspects of the game, is far better than disregarding the rules of the game, as far as i'm concerned.

that isn't how the rules work. if a power does X, then it should always do X. otherwise it doesn't actually do X, only when the game feels like it.

bosses just saying 'no' to aspects of the game doesn't make a good precedent foundation for a good game in the future.

and what's wrong with recasting a power? it's akin to blocking an enemy sword with a shield, swinging your own sword, and him blocking it with his shield.

as if you're actually fighting, instead of the boss standing there just waiting for you to kill him.

making the boss more difficult and including more aspects of the game, is far better than disregarding the rules of the game, as far as i'm concerned.

not really.

think about almost all the RPGs out there.

some examples:

-enemies die when they reach 0 HP, except X enemy which must be finished by an X kind of damage.

-enemies affected by X ability are slowed down, except for X kind of enemy or enemy affected by X, whch are inmune to X ability.

-enemies receive 100% damage from X elemnet, except for Xs enemies which receive 50% or are inmune.

take example 2. lephantis is X enemy, so X ability doesn´t affect him at all. this kind of things are made for balance.

as an example, in neverwinter nights 2, an RPG, there was a spell which killed the enemy instantly if they failed a dice roll. powerfull enemies, like bosses, had a very low chance (or no chance, im not completely sure) of being affected by this skill and skills like these.

Really man? I soloed Lephantis and is hard to get enough energy for it which I use about 3 or 2 times my Rhino Stomp (mostly for iron skin) but , yes if the squad is full of slowing powers that would be reasonable... But I work alone Bl

Which in solo is really usefull (takes me around 15 mins to kill him/it/they/whatever it is/she?).

Really man? I soloed Lephantis and is hard to get enough energy for it which I use about 3 or 2 times my Rhino Stomp (mostly for iron skin) but , yes if the squad is full of slowing powers that would be reasonable... But I work alone Bl

Which in solo is really usefull (takes me around 15 mins to kill him/it/they/whatever it is/she?).

by removing the damage cap that should make the boss fight faster

so you want to make him like stalker?  where your powers do squat for damage an have almoast no chance of winning......yeah great idea  concidering i play rhino an two hits of that damn scythe an im stripped of my maxed out iron skin an sent flying ... compleatly smart lets just make him invincable while we are at it too..... stop being a whineing wow mage an deal with it if you dont want to deal with mag or rhino while hunting the new gollem put your own team together an stop running with randomes...oh wait  to run derilects you have to invite people so as for being paired with mag an rhino YOUR FAULT so stop whineing

and im not shure if people remember this but rhino's stomp and mags crush are both toppel skills for cc  so what you are telling them to do is make both of the skills 100% useless an fyi volt's overload can do a simmaler affect when he elctrocutes the hell out of the  oversized scyth wielding walkin snotball

Well, how about a different mechanic altogether when cc skills are activated upon them? Something like a cc energy bar filler. I wanted to suggest armor breaking mechanics in some other games like Dragon Nest but doesn't seem that viable. And armor breaking requires dmg anyway.

Edited by Lorenzhart

and im not shure if people remember this but rhino's stomp and mags crush are both toppel skills for cc  so what you are telling them to do is make both of the skills 100% useless an fyi volt's overload can do a simmaler affect when he elctrocutes the hell out of the  oversized scyth wielding walkin snotball

i can barely read what you are writing.

completely slowing down the boss so that he can´t defend himslef seems like a bigger $&*^ move

With a damage cap and a DPS cap, that is already the biggest $&*^ move.

Essentially it rendered all snipers and bows useless.

An entire class of weapons.

If he is to be immune from CC like the stalker, he should not have the damage or DPS cap. Period.

Edited by fatpig84

well my point is you cant  knock the fat &#! down so slowing him is compleatly  understandable  an with the limit on the dps and damage  the boss fight is fine as is. if you want a more interesting fight just wait for the next update when you need to tangle with allad v's dog thing.... can already tell the dame thing  is  gonna bounce around more than stalker on a slash dash rampage.  lephantis is a tank type boss so boss mechanics as they are now are fine