Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Those Pesky Ancients!

Blazer-X

Question

I am currently using Ignis as my primary (one forma, one tater, additional formas to be determined) and I am wrecking infested survival, up to a certain point. You see, while Light Infested get mowed down (or melted, if you prefer) very quickly by the Ignis's AOE fire of DOOM, the ancient just sits and laugh at my relatively pathetic DPS against armor heavy units. 

Therefore, was wondering if anyone has a good suggestion over what to use as a secondary that is relatively better against Ancients. 

Now, I am well aware of the Acrid, but I am not particularly fond of using it, mainly because its semi auto, which is not very useful under frame lag. So I am wondering what you guys prefer instead.

5 answers to this question

The Ignis is a crowd control weapon. It is quite bad at dealing damage to heavy units. I'd therefore suggest weapons like the Kunai, Despair or Hikou. If you want to use pistols, then go for a very high damage Vasto. That will allow you to quickly take down all ancients with a few shots to the head.

Remember, aim for the head or legs.

Despair (AP so headshots or wherever)

Dual Vastos (awesome dps but gotta aim for the legs, and semi-auto so you gotta click)

Embolist (Good dps, especially if there's multiple enemies in range, but uses a lot of ammo)

Twin Gremlins (Like Akboltos for the lazy clickers)

Bronco Prime (legshots means lots of misses tho, ~=to bodyshots)

I would vote for Despair, or if you dont like it Twin Gremlins, since you dont like to click. I personally like the Vastos with a click macro.

Edited by Darzk

Next to Acrid in ancient killing is a Despair. Next to despair is a Kunai. And Twin Gremmies are for people who like guns more than knives.

btw, shoot at the ancient's legs with your Ignis. You'll notice something awesome. (Hint: it's about the fact that ignis wrecks their armorless legs, wink wink)