Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[BUG] Locked in New Inbox After Apostasy Prologue Quest

TheIvoryKitty

TYPE: In-Game, UI, Stops Progress
DESCRIPTION: Immediately after finishing and returning to the Orbiter from the Chains of Harrow quest, I walked to the foundry, started construction of Harrow, and then walked into my chambers to touch the blue light at the window. As expected, this immediately teleported me to the Apostasy Prologue quest, which I then completed. Upon returning to the Orbiter, I was immediately taken to my inbox, where I received the mail "An Offering of Gratitude" from Palladino for the Chains of Harrow quest I'd previously completed. I was unable to leave the inbox menu by either the close button, or hitting escape on the keyboard, nor anything else I tried at first. Eventually, I (luckily) realized I had a "1 Item Ready To Claim" icon from the foundry at the top right of the screen, and clicking that closed the locked-in Inbox menu. It appears that beneath the Inbox menu, the Apostasy Prologue end of mission screen was on. That seems to have been what was stopping me from closing the Inbox, and the end of mission screen wanted to take precedence but was hidden under the inbox. If I had not had the foundry icon, I'm not sure what I could have possibly used as a work-around to get out of the locked screen, besides restarting the game.
REPRODUCTION:
(1) Finish Chains of Harrow quest
(2) Return to Orbiter
(3) Without opening the inbox, go directly to the Tenno quarters and touch the blue light to begin the Apostasy Prologue quest
(4) Finish the Apostasy Prologue and return to the orbiter
(5) See the inbox open automatically with "An Offering of Gratitude" from Palladino, and find that you are unable to close the Inbox.
EXPECTED RESULT: I should have been able to close the inbox, or the inbox should have opened after I'd seen and closed the Apostasy Prologue end-of-mission screen.
OBSERVED RESULT: The inbox appeared and I was unable to close it by regular means.
REPRODUCTION RATE: This can only occur once per game, so unable to reproduce personally.
WORKAROUND:
Use the 'claim item' icon for the foundry at the top right, if you have one.
VISUAL: N/A

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just finished the Apostasy Prologue quest. Went to orbiter, mail popped up for "An Offering of Gratitude". I cannot click anything, ESC, etc. I can still type but I'm stuck in the mailbox. What do I do, will I lose the reward?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just happened to me, I had followed the exact sequence of steps OP did, my inbox got stuck open with the Chains of Harrow message after finishing The Apostasy Prologue. The workaround described worked for me. Good thing I use my foundry as spare storage for MR grinding weapons. Thanks OP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...