Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Mimic Hunt

BiancaRoughfin

Heres an area of the forums i never made a Topic on, usually because i am all up for removing PVP from the game as the current modes arent appealing!

A few minutes ago i was chatting with my husband and a friend about the Props from the GlassMaker investigations which would be nice we had access to somehow to decorate our orbiters and all the sudden the idea popped up of a Game Mode for Conclave i would really love seeing that im sure would actually be popular as it doesnt involve fighting for a ball or jumping like a pingpong ball around the map wile shooting.

That being said, many here have probably herd of Prop Hunt, originally a game mode from Garry's Mod and then adapted by some other game companies into their own engines and styles.

Prop Hunt consists of the majority of the players hiding as props they find in the game's map wile a group of players act as the hunters to find them. The props can willingly change from one from one to another by approaching a different prop and interacting with them, the hunters carry a small assortment of weapons, usually a Melee, an Automatic and a harder hitting Semi Auto which they use to kill the props with. The match has a timer which either the Props must survive until the end and the Hunters have to find and kill them all.

--The Game--

Spoiler

In Warframe we have an Enemy named Sentient Mimic which can take on the appearance of certain objects along the map like resources, resource deposits, lockers and such.

In Mimic Hunt the players having to Hide would be the Sentient Mimics hiding around the map to survive until the timer runs out wile the Hunters would play as their respective Warframes hunting the Mimics down.

Match would last 5 minutes, if a Mimic is still alive at the end of the 5 minutes its victory for the Mimics but if all Mimics are destroyed before the 5 minutes ends, its victory for the Hunters.

At the start of each round, both the Hunters and the Mimics would start together in a small area, the screen is blacked out for the Hunters and Mimics would have 15 seconds to Run and hide before the Hunting begins.

--The Mimics--

Spoiler

Mimics can change into any Prop in the map by pressing the interaction key ( X - PC Default ) on them, with the exception of plants should the map have any.

Mimic's Health scales with the size of the Prop they turn into, the bigger the Prop, the more Health, the smallest of props can bring the Mimic's health down to 1.

Every 15 seconds a Mimic remains idle would play the same distortion effect that the Sentient Mimics have in missions along with ivara's noise arrow sound as to incentiveis them to move every now and then or turn into different props if not risk being spotted by a nearby hunter or drawing attention to their location.

Mimics Spawn with one of three abilities which will have a 45 second Cooldown, bumping into Hunters reduces the Cooldown by 5 seconds, doesnt matter who bumped first. After using the ability it is switched randomly and being able to be the same one again and the cooldown starts.

Abilities:
- Disrupt: Is an AoE ability, releases a 5 meter pulse that applies the Magnetic Proc effect to the Hunter's screen to temporarily make it difficult for them to see wile also applying a 2 second 75% movement speed reduction.
- Pummel: Works as the Shield Lancer's attack, slams the Hunters in a 45º cone, knocks them back a certain distance and down for 1 second.
- Phase: Gives the Mimic 3 seconds Invisibility and removes collision with the Hunters.

--The Hunters--

Spoiler

No Mod or Arcane would apply to either the Hunter's Warframes or Weapons.

- Number of Hunters scale with the number of Mimics by 1 for every 3 Mimics.
 - Hunters can Fling Props by pressing interaction key ( X - PC Default ) on them.
- Hunters would have their movement speed set to 1.0, this is to not Punish/Benefit players based on the Warframes they pick as some are naturally Slower/Faster than others.
 - Hunters would start with a Skana, Braton and Lex and limited Ammo to the Firearms.
 - Max Health would be set to 100 independent of the Frame they pick and Hunters would lose 5 health every time they hit a Prop that is not a Mimic but would recover 20 each time a Prop is killed.

My idea is that matches have a minimal of 4~8 players tho it would be great if they could go up to 16.

I feel i could be leaving out some important Prop Hunt features out which i cant remember.

Anyways, would love to see what other Tennos would think of this?

• 2 weeks later...

One avenue that I was discussing with my son today was a Corpus ship type deal.

You have a small team of Corpus Customs Agents  and a team of Grineer Maniacs. You can't damage the property without getting your pay docked and eventually fired, but the Maniacs are hiding in crates or using temporary illusions. If the Maniac gets behind you, it's game over but it's all melee for them.

This would make it so you would have an extremely selective gear and ability loadout and could be balanced between the two NPC "factions."

Archived