Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whacky Thumper mobility

Nephthes

Thumpers honestly need to get their a.i. re-tuned. In a team vs thumper situation everybody can take out a leg each. However in a you vs thumper situation the thumper will never slow down or turn the remaining leg towards the player for long enough to even think about a player getting a clear shot on the knee of all places. Thumpers constantly and rapidly spin so they have as few hit points facing the player as possible. So while thumpers themselves are "doable" they are not in any way "solo" content.

Dunno about what you're doing, Personally been taking them out solo with little to no problems at all. They are very much easy "solo" content. For me at least.

If you are having trouble keeping up with a Thumper, I suggest you to go into archwing. You'll strafe faster than it turning.

Unless you are using specific warframes or weapons, shooting the legs becomes nothing more than a skill check on aiming at a green panel.

Other warframes that can take them out easily include, but are not limited to: Titania, Ash, Ivara, Atlas (Can't get knock downed), Loki, Excalibur (Exalted Blade punch through the legs whilst at a wide angle) and Gauss, as the first few that comes to my mind.

Stropha can also hit the legs with little to no effort given.

Aside from the archwing suggestion it's amusing that everytime a feedback thread is made suggesting "fighting thumpers alone is annoying" it's always the same response of "use x frame" or "just have Zenurik lol". Sick and tired of being told "use Nova or Zenurik on the plains, forget your fun."

Anyways, aside from using Archwing to fight Thumpers (which is a good idea, will need to try that again) the way they can simply turn, immediately, with no issues after struggling to dance around them is their most annoying feature. Simply put becomes less skill and more "how much does the game hate me today." A decreased turning speed for a tank bigger than a house would at least make the fight less rage inducing without cheese gear.

Archived