Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infinite loading screen when joining

CosmicChaotix

Since The Deadlock Protocol I sometimes get an infinite loading screen when joining others in a mission (both mid progress and when starting as a squad). The landing craft flying screen has the little loading circles fill up and then it just stays there without entering the mission proper. Sometimes I see other players get stuck in the infinite loading screen too as they continue to move their landing craft about long after their loading circle indicator has filled up.

One time I wondered what would happen if I put the console into sleep mode for a day, so I did, and afterwards it successfully host migrated into a solitary mission with the objectives already half completed. It seems everything successfully loaded except for whatever makes the game exit the loading screen which is reminiscent of the Sanctuary Onslaught softlocking bug that still persists to this day.

Another time I tried waiting in the loading screen until the mission is completed by others, which does at least return me to the Orbiter but of course without any rewards or Sortie stage progression and is simply a huge time waste while depriving the squad of a player. The best method for escaping the loading screen in a timely fashion is to exit the game which is what I've been doing the most.

• I've tried checking for data corruption (there was none).
  • I have deleted and redownloaded the entire game anyway just in case.
  • I already have Warframe port forwarded and the network test in the Warframe options comes up clear
  • I've tried different regions.
  • I also play Warframe on two other platforms which do not have this issue.
  • It doesn't seem to be tied to specific people as I've joined a person just fine and then on the next mission with the same person I got tied up in the infinite loading screen.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started having this issue since the last patch (Heart of Deimos Hotfix #2) pretty frequently. In the last 4 hours of playing it has happened about 5+ times in group attempts (I don't group super often to be fair). Each time I have to restart the game because it doesn't load me into the group properly. I even had one occasion where it froze trying to join a group immediately after I had just restarted the game from a previous crash.

-Jayron

Archived