Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma & Multiple Builds

Lumireaver

By using Forma on your weapon to add polarities you also cripple your own ability to vary your builds and possible strategies. An acceptable trade off? Maybe. I believe a better alternative would be allow either A) multiple Forma per slot. Perhaps a perquisite requirement for this would be the polarizing of every other non-polarized slot. (Unnecessary.) Alternatively, B) remove the mod capacity penalty for unlike polarities. This way people can polarize for gains without crippling their ability to build for multiple scenarios. 

I don't have this issue. For me, every build has a few of the same mods (AP, Serration, Multishot for rifles, for example) which are all on forma'd slots, and that's enough to free up plenty of room for differing builds. And a lot of damage mods share the V slot anyways, so you can usually safely add a V slot and have a use for it.

OP, I completely understand what you're saying, and it's been something on my mind for awhile now. 

I thought about having Formas having sort of "Polarity Points" that you can use on 3 builds of your weapon or Warframe, so you can have different polarity builds on Loadout A, B, and C... 

... but unfortunately, this game's weapons and Warframes don't have much build diversity. Every weapon has a single most efficient build that allows you to maximize its potential. 

Unless DE overhauls the Mod or Damage system, we're just gonna have to stick with one or two builds for every build and warframe.

Grandarex, that's an interesting solution. (Also I forgot about suggesting different polarities for different loadouts even though I posted something similar myself a while back.) Your solution is definitely more creative and a bit more player friendly. (Maybe too player friendly, as I kind of feel Forma should be designed to have some stake when you apply it.)

Also yeah, I'm aware that we only have rainbow builds (and crit builds with certain weapons,) but these are things DE is actively trying to defeat. Might as well make sure everything transitions smoothly, I should think.

Forma shouldn't be that flexible... it'll be too necessary and powerful. The more you forma, the less flexibility you should get. It's about committing to a build. For rifles... Will I go Crit? (VVVV) or rainbow? (VVV--) pr shred rainbows were like (VV---). For Pistols... it's about VVV- or VV-- . The thriple Vs being more permanent.

The warframe builds are also affected especially after the Corrupted mods came out... The possibilities are really limitless. Thanks to the slot limit and the nature of the corrupted mods, you can be everything... which is nice! Finally, some diversity.

However... the addition of new mods, affects the build. Everytime a new mod is released the builds change. Before it was the arid fear mods, now the corrupted builds. In the future, I bet it will change more. Should I Forma knowing that all that hard work will just go down the drain after a bag of new mods get introduced?

I do not know about polarity changes per weapon, but i would love an item that would allow me to change all the forma polarities (not the base ones) for a weapon. Or better yet, DE should implement a forma polarity reset after major mod updates.

Forma shouldn't be that flexible... it'll be too necessary and powerful. 

I agree with this, but think about it for a moment.

Imagine you've polarized a slot. Imagine you didn't receive 25% point penalty for using a mod with an unlike-polarity. Even without that penalty you would still be receiving a penalty of 50%. (The mod points you're not saving after investing Forma.) ...Basically we don't need a punishment on top of the forfeiture of a bonus as the forfeiture of the bonus already serves as a balancing mechanism. (See: Opportunity cost.)