Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos Update stuck fix (possibly)

Blaudari

So I had my Update launcher stuck at 249mb & every time i restarted it, followed the support staffs instructions & what the Internet explorer thing did, I said "forget this" & had nothing to lose so i renamed the "Cache.windows" file from the warframe file on steam & only removed 5 - 7 of the files that had 1kb to 10kb which forced me to update the 3gb again but now it is fixed. Regardless, De took the time out of their day to help me anyway, even if it is their job. I am grateful for them. Hopefully this helps anyone else as well.

9 minutes ago, Muugen-X said:

Hay, can you tell what exactly fix this problem? I have the same stuck.

So what I did to fix the problem is (since i'm using steam) I right-clicked Warframe then went to "local files" tab then clicked "browse local files", you should see "Cache.Windows", click that & you'll see the files for Warframe.

unknown.png

unknown.png

What I did was I moved out "H.ShaderDx11.toc" into a seperate file. Don't delete them just in case, then I relaunched warframe & it started updating the "cache.Windows" folder to add the update. Essentially you restart the update but doing this made it work for me & I was able to play. The reason the update stops & gets you stuck is because, as the support staff confirmed to me, your files got corrupted. This worked for me & I am hoping this works for others as well.

Steam >Right Click Warframe > Click Local Files Tab > Browse Local Files > Cache.Windows > sort by size > make seperate folder to hold the files from H.ShaderDx11 to H.TextureDx9_xx.cache > restart the update.

Just now, Blaudari said:

weird, it was 3gb for me. I hope it works for you but that's what I did. Sorry it's more than 30gb

Np. I pasted files where they were and it is again 245 MB.

Even if this didn't worked, thx for help. And those files have more than 3GB for me

15 hours ago, Blaudari said:

Steam >Right Click Warframe > Click Local Files Tab > Browse Local Files > Cache.Windows > sort by size > make seperate folder to hold the files from H.ShaderDx11 to H.TextureDx9_xx.cache > restart the update.

Thank you, you really helped my friend out.

Steps we followed:

Steam >Right Click Warframe > Click Local Files Tab > Browse Local Files > [backup warframe and manivest]< Cache.Windows > sort by size [smallest below] > make seperate folder to backup {cut and past} from and including H.ShaderDx11.cache [+- 642kb range} to H.TextureDx9_xx.cache [at bottom]< close steam competently<  restart the update.

If something goes wrong you still have a backup

16 minutes ago, Ryuuigarashi said:

Thank you, you really helped my friend out.

Steps we followed:

Steam >Right Click Warframe > Click Local Files Tab > Browse Local Files > [backup warframe and manivest]< Cache.Windows > sort by size [smallest below] > make seperate folder to backup {cut and past} from H.ShaderDx11.cache [+- 642kb range} to H.TextureDx9_xx.cache [at bottom]< close steam competently<  restart the update.

If something goes wrong you still have a backup

you took also those two files or only those betwen them?

Guys, i moved some files ( H.ShaderDx11, H.Misc_xx, B.CharacterCodesCache, H.CharacterCodesCache, H.VideoTexture.cache, F.VideoTexture, H.VideoTexture, H.TextureDx9_xx.cashe ) and launcher moved from place where he stuck. It still downloading so i'll write fi it work to the end.

Archived