Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cold Based Weapons?

webkilla

This has probably been suggested before - but hey why not?

We've got Ignis for fire dmg, Torid and Acrid for poison, Synapse and what you for lightnig dmg.... but we do not have any weapons that deal raw cold dmg

I just thought it'd be neat to see something like that

Freeze damage is the worst damage type ever, very bad against everything except shields.

i'm sorry, but freeze also slows down some enemies,if i remember correctly, and it has no resistances, like infested with electric damamge. it'd be a good all around damage weapon.thank you for listening to my rant.

There is another thread asking for the same thing on this page of the board; Ice Weapon: Glacio thread. I'll just copy/paste the post I made there..

I'll +1 for the general idea of an ice weapon set, but not for another Flux/Ignis copy. Maybe something that works like Unreal Tournament's Bio-Rifle. Shoot small globs of liquid nitrogen to do a small burst of damage to enemies close by, or charge it up to shoot a big pool of nitrogen that completely freezes enemies nearby when it pops.

20 dmg x 1m AOE for standard shot

100 dmg x 3m AOE for charged shot

i'm sorry, but freeze also slows down some enemies,if i remember correctly, and it has no resistances, like infested with electric damamge. it'd be a good all around damage weapon.thank you for listening to my rant.

Freeze should be good against infested. Grineers or Corpus should use them to eradicate the Infested by freezing them and then smashing them into piece.

Freeze should be good against infested. Grineers or Corpus should use them to eradicate the Infested by freezing them and then smashing them into piece.

And there's the fluff for the weapon

Lets go on a few kidnap missions and steal the ppl making those weapons :)

Shooting icicle darts? Stream of ice? An "ice-thrower", like a flame-thrower but with freezing agent instead?

To be honest, I'd see an ice shotgun or sniper : on the one side, you shoot high-velocity shards of ice into someone's face; on the other, you pin an enemy with a long, icicle bolt that will melt and leave a clean, round hole with no trace of an actual bullet.