Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Map The Controller Buttons. My Thumb Is Broken.

reggs12

I cannot play this game for much longer if I have to keep sprinting by holding the thumbstick down. I don't know if anyone else plays with a controller but it is basically crippling after a while. Please Please Please let me remap the button somehow before I have to stop playing this game over medical issues. I know it's ridiculous but so is holding your thumb on the thumbstick for long periods of time. It has to change.

stop playing with a controller and use a gamepad. keyboard +mouse like any real gamer ;)

(most systems got programs where you can manually set these in, not sure of your system but if you search for it you can properly find a program which can do this for now, meaning you can use a thirdparty program to remap your keys to an input that warframe can take)

Edited by erebus2075
Edited out unnecessary jab.

Thanks for the response! Yeha I have been looking around but I wasn't sure if it would work with warframe since a lot of it is hosted online. I already use xpadder to patch up some of the controls but since warframe automatically recognizes the 360 controller I have to go with the default bindings for most things. If you know a program that allows you to disable individual buttons on the controller that would be great.

It really shouldn't be that hard. At least provide an alternate mapping that swaps the Left thumbstick with the Left bumper and the X button with the B button. My thinking is most people who play other games reload with X and run with the left bumper. Plus the special powers button in most games is actually the left thumbstick and the B button is almost always an action button. Autorun doesn't really work with this game because of all the acrobatics but a slight variation in control scheme will suspend my impending nerve damage. Gotta think ahead for the next generation of consoles.

Edited by reggs12

You might try Pinnacle (http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/) for remapping your controller. I think pinnacle is a bit more robust in allowing you to spoof the directx inputs, so even if Warframe is specifically recognizing the 360 controller, you still might be able to get around it. Only downside, as you may be aware, is that it's a paid program, vs Xpadder's free license (right? been a while since I've used either). I did see on the site that there's a trial period. Give it a shot. Might be worth it to save your thumbs.

Good luck.