Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About A Melee Weapon That Replaced Both Primary And Secondary?

__Kanade__

There have always been games here and there where you could do anything and block anything with a sword alone like Ninja Gaiden.

The idea just popped up so can't really get into detail about it other than that it would be a melee weapon like a Katana or whatever that would replace the primary and secondary slots so that your this badass ninja who only relies on their skill and powers to defeat the enemy, being able to block incoming fire as a passive bonus until your out of stamina then you start taking half the damage. I don't know, like I said, it just popped up in my mind.

I don't know about a regular sword, but this might work with weapons like the Kusarigama.  Something that has multiple uses and ranges that you can work with.

I'm all for more melee variety.  However, it'd need to be considerably strong or ridiculously useful to be worth replacing your primary and/or secondary weapons.  If they did make a melee weapon worth it, though, I'd be all for it.

+1

Edited by castem

It's somewhat cliche but what about something akin to a gunblade (yes FF style) maybe have it be a long sword with something akin to a flux rifle along the blade that can be extended? I don't know if DE would go for something like that but as a mechanic it would be extremely fun to use especially with the upcoming very melee inclined frame. It could also add a viable melee option out of the Corpus tech tree in the dojo research.

Im stil waiting for the Iai-do style katana play.

Though we need a Katana with its scabbard for that.

Seriously DE. Instead of creating "Ninja Style" Rocket Launchers, make a weapon like this. Im sure many people likes swordplay over "Nuclear Launch Detected" style play.

There have always been games here and there where you could do anything and block anything with a sword alone like Ninja Gaiden.

The idea just popped up so can't really get into detail about it other than that it would be a melee weapon like a Katana or whatever that would replace the primary and secondary slots so that your this badass ninja who only relies on their skill and powers to defeat the enemy, being able to block incoming fire as a passive bonus until your out of stamina then you start taking half the damage. I don't know, like I said, it just popped up in my mind.

galatine