The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Chief Vs. Warframe

Kwinne

John-117 has one advantage over all the Tenno in the Solar System. He wears Plot Armor. We care about him. We are made to care about him. He most go on he must endure.

The Tenno are faceless, and while John is literally faceless he is not written as soulless. The Tenno have no written soul, hopefully, I can use the word yet here. We have been given no real reason to care about them. They can fall, They can, They are, and they will be sacrificed to save the solar system. What little fluff there is has made that clear.

I declare this thread to officially be the "hottest"/longest introduction thread ever created.

*Wipes a tear* And here I was, thinking it was long when it was 2 pages long.

I'm just as shocked as you are.

06334909.jpg

Well, maybe I did, a little.

Edited by Diquad

Snip feels

Not everyones cares about Master Chief. I played the first 3 games and read a few of the books. All I got from his personality was boring-military-guy. His blandness as a protagonist is one of many reasons I left the series.

At least the Tenno is you. Most people care about themselves.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Not everyones cares about Master Chief. I played the first 3 games and read a few of the books. All I got from his personality was boring-military-guy. His blandness as a protagonist is one of many reasons I left the series.

Yeah, for me the soul-crushing blandness was one of the main things that kept me from ever getting into Halo too.

I think he would have been better off as a Silent Protagonist. If the character talks they should have a personality.

yeah, let take Tenno's equipment but leave his to master chief, that's being fair... :/

That's how you debate when you're losing. Try and hobble the winner :P

I'm still not sure they need their powers anyway. Their shielding, bullet timing and superior weaponry isn't going anywhere.

The games at least make it clear, that there are serious (ultimate) consequences if Master Chief fails. Warframe gives the sense that it is expected that Tenno are going to fight and die. And if Our individual Tenno does not succeed there are others to pick up the fight. That is the nature of the plot armor they wield. OR what little plot armor they wield in the Tenno-case.

So? That's true of every sole protagonist. If Doomguy fails Hell overruns the Universe. If Duke Nukem fails aliens steal our babes. If John McClane fails terrorists blow up Nakitomi Plaza. If Harry Potter fails Voldemort makes the wizarding world an even worse place.

Just because their stories require they win doesn't make them unstoppable. It makes them unstoppable in their story. When taken outside of their narrative in say, a debate environment, the only thing that matters is their skill, training and specific powers. Plot armour requires a plot.

My brother who plays Call of Duty  BO2 was literally shocked when he heard that Grakata shoots 20 Bullets per second. xD

That seen I looked at the guns of BO2 and must say they are not even close compared to Warframe's.
Therefore I believe that there is yet one Shooter game to come that has better guns and classes than Warframe...
Master Chief might have all the good stuff and goodies from Halo its own female sentinel giving advice and S#&$ but I think Warframe just goes over the top.
Not to mention we apparently are "blind". Illidan gives greetings. 

My brother who plays Call of Duty  BO2 was literally shocked when he heard that Grakata shoots 20 Bullets per second. xD

That seen I looked at the guns of BO2 and must say they are not even close compared to Warframe's.

Therefore I believe that there is yet one Shooter game to come that has better guns and classes than Warframe...

Master Chief might have all the good stuff and goodies from Halo its own female sentinel giving advice and S#&$ but I think Warframe just goes over the top.

We haz no eyes, but that doesn't stop the Tenno on a murder spree across the SOl system :p

Holy crap, anyone seen the newest trailer?

Lots of interesting feats all around. For instance, Mag has a red-hot cutting ring around her throat and limbs for ~40 seconds and comes out of it with no visible harm to her suit at all. (Frame by frame shows that the Excalibur already had deep scorch marks around his neck and limbs when the cutting field pulses on- presumably they've been going at it with him for a while. Even then they need heavy equipment to help rip him apart once it breaches his suit)

Not really a feat for the Tenno, but did you notice the icon next to the bidding amounts? The Corpus board members are bidding in Platinum. 3 million Platinum as the starting bid for a cut-up and already stripped Tenno, with the bidding going up to 4.7 million plat in moments before Alad waves the display away. My friends, we are each worth a -fortune- even cut up in pieces and with the best parts stripped away for the Zanuka project.

Rhino is seen punching crewmen and robots barehanded, no melee weapons at all, sending them flying. When charging, he throws half a dozen of them around with contemptuous ease.

Volt's Shock ability does not behave like normal electricity, at all. When he uses it on the charging Moas, one of them is literally held in midair by the beam for several seconds, and the others are all frozen in mid-stride, their center of gravity indicating that they should really be falling over, but they don't. (at least until the surge ends and drops them) At this point I think it's safe to say that his 'electricity' is pure space magic.

Getting caught in the center of a ten-meter explosion (created by an energy orb from Zanuka that looks suspiciously like Antimatter Drop) merely stuns them for a few moments.

Volt's shield can be erected in moments to deal with incoming attacks. (too bad Zanuka seems to have some sort of power-negating ability he uses immediately afterward on Rhino and Volt to take away both the shield and iron skin- it'll be interesting to see if the actual bossfight features something like that as well. Is is similar to the way the Stalker can cancel Tenno powers?)

Explosive arrows from Banshee's Paris are enough to send a robot the size of a horse flying over 15 meters from the impact point.

Trinity can swing an Orthos hard enough to cancel the forward momentum of said horse-sized robot charging at her, and even send him back a bit.

Volt's Overload fries all electronics in the area.

Rhino's punching speed is crazy. It takes him literally 1 frame to go from fist drawn back over his head to being plunged into Zanuka's innards. (okay, 2 frames to be exact, but it travels over 95% of the distance in the first frame) He delivers at least 4 punches in just under 1 second's time. And he isn't even focusing on speed- each one has enough force to visibly shift the position of a large robot. Right afterwards he rips it in half with his bare hands, not even bothering to use one of his powers or weapons to do so. (and then casually tosses the two halves 8-10 meters away)

Edited by Senteth

I refer you to exhibit A good SIR!

feel_like_a_sir_in_hd_by_lemmino-d6023aa

Edited by Miose

Alad V Trailer Flaws

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130447-alad-v-on-venus/

According to this thread:

(1) The only possible explanation why everything dies instantaneously is because they suck. The Corpus are obviously newly recruits (low levels) on Venus.

(2) Volt's Shock lit up 6 Moas. Volt's shock only electrocutes a single Target.

(3) Mag's utilizes a new type of Skill. Mag's Pull and Crush doesnt work that way.

My Analysis:

(1) Is Alad V a Space Clown or something? 

(2) Where's his Smexy Snake Vocals?

(3) The Scene probably depicts Corpus Ships on the Gas Giants: Jupiter and Saturn. The previous Livestreams reveals these Ships harnessing Energy from Storms.

(4) On the first scene, Volt silences two Corpus Postmen with a Knife on their respective Heads which are unproportional to the curvature of the Corpus Heads on their Boxhead Helmets. Hypothetically, the tips of those Knives should penetrate deeper to pierce through the Corpus Skulls. Then again, probably because they are low levels.

(5) Volt killed a Tech with few Throws! 

(6) The Corpus flanking Volt runs toward him instead of shooting him.

(7) The Corpus confronting Trinity follows. 

(8) The Pod Crewman confronting Trinity wets his pants. 

(9) The Corpus confronting Banshee and Rhino are unable to land a hit. (Esp during Rhino's Scene)

(10) Again, Volt's Shock against 6 Moas. 

(11) Zanukas' theoretical Antimatter Drop? is scientifically inaccurate. 

(12) Rhino reloads after firing a single Shot (Which he probably did not used before, if so, he could have triggered the Alarm much earlier)

(13) The Bullets from Volt's Soma came from a 90 degree angle on Zanuka's Perspective.

(14) Backflip cancels Knockdown? (Volt) 

(15) Zanuka is said to be created from Warframe Components. Alad V could have annihilated the Stalker depicting Zanukas' Dispel Ability.

(16) Banshee and Trinity are doing nothing during the previous scenes. 

(17) Rhino and Volt are doing nothing during Banshee and Trinity's Scenes.

(18) Zanuka managed to dodge the Glaive yet somehow went crippled. (He should be theoretically an AI, a Corpus Proxy that can be controlled anytime yet is able to fully function on their own)

(19) Rhino ripping Zanuka is defiantly awesome.

(20) The shattered Window (which are still made of 20th Century Glass) did not trigger any lockdown. (Theoretically, those ships are hovering over the Atmospheres of a Gas Giant)

(21) According to the Lore, only the Grineer Faction perfects Cloning Technology. With Alad V dead on the Trailer, the Zanuka Project takes a long run. 

(22) The only way to bring back Alad V is through his clone. Falling within a relentless, bottomless Storm (Gas Giants lacks Surfaces) is his final end. 

The Tennos and their Warframe is arguably OP, yet again, they dont hold a story to support their lead.

Trailers maybe are advertisement campaigns but they should contain facts within its respective bidding not false releases that are incoherent from the literal gameplay.

Edited by yeomanry

Nomad from Crysis Sage pars with Masterchief but not the Tenno. The Tenno are far inexperienced and only relies on the abilities of their Suits, modifications and foresight. 

Masterchief is like of Wonder Woman. If Wonder Woman gets stripped off her powers, she can still wield a Sword and command an Army to do her own bidding.

Tennos are like of Superman. Basically relying on the Sun. If he's stripped off his power. He would be nothing more than a flightless amateur Boxer. 

Edited by yeomanry

Not really, according to the Tenno description on the main site "While the memories of the Tenno have faded over time, their mastery of guns, blades, and Warframe exo-armor has not.", they cant be refered as that if they dont know how to fight by that sentence, just like Superman, if you read.
They don't rely entirely on the suits power alone, they have the mastery on combat even without their memories without that should have forgotten with them.
With the mastery of combat they also have the advantage of the Warframes as only they can use them.

yet again you contradict yourself by not reading yet you promote reading lore stuff is needed...
bias is bias

Trailers maybe are advertisement campaigns but they should contain facts within its respective bidding not false releases that are incoherent from the literal gameplay.

Same as for the Halo trailers/books which contradicts how MC can die easily and how slow he was on literal gameplay.

Also props to this thread, 18 pages xD

Edited by KuzkinaMat

yeomanry, on 13 Nov 2013 - 7:36 PM, said:

Tennos are like of Superman. Basically relying on the Sun. If he's stripped off his power. He would be nothing more than a flightless amateur Boxer.

I would just like to point out that Superman knows three systems of martial arts, including a psychic one. If Superman loses his powers he's a Kryptonian kung-fu master who can read your mind. So yeah, your comparison is right, just not in the direction you are arguing :P

I also find it interesting that despite discounting everything that happens in the Halo gameplay so you can take his high end alone (the books), now that the Tenno have a trailer that shows very clearly how powerful they are you're trying to force them to conform to their gameplay. Mmmm, smells like hypocrisy.

I'll let Senteth tear the rest of your argument down. He'll do a better job than I would!

Edited by ValhaHazred