The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Chief Vs. Warframe

Kwinne

Give me 65 tenno or so and tell me if they could face thousands of grineer without time to recover (because that's what the conditions that they fought under at the battle of reach). 

Tenno would still win, but it's mainly because of their abilities. It's kinda like comparing apples to oranges because the tenno draw their main power from abilities and what not, whereas the chief relies mostly on his wits and skills (and he also has the smarter opponents)

I'm pretty sure 4 Tenno could take that many Grineer at a stretch. I'm pretty sure that's the kind of numbers you get from a good long defense mission. I had at least 500 kills in my last mobile defense mission.

The Tenno may make heavy use of their powers, but they are plenty skilled. I take issue with the Covenant being declared smarter. I mean, sure the Grineer and Corpus are pretty dumb, but the Covies are a great big pile of full on retard in both the books and the games. I can't remember a single competent action on their part.

SCP-682.

Oh definitely. That thing could absolutely curb stomp the Tenno.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I have to vote for the Tenno.

Master chief is a bland Everyman who stumbles through his missions bullet sponging his way through. He lacks a mobility advantage, and his tech magically changes to suit his needs. Technobabble to the rescue. Few pages back there was a mention of mc kicking alien butt on a planet with 10x earth gravity?! Um. People black out from much less pressure. Not to mention the question of how the man's heart and lungs would be able to function under that kind of pressure. Unless he has a magic gravity nullifying suit. But that's the problem with master chief. He is the hero among a bunch of red shirt characters. He always lives, even when he should die on the proverbial Normandy beach. The narrative of his game universe requires that he survive.

And his story line (in game) is awful. Please, how the hell does his pet "sexy" ai hack an alien computer? What, did they just rip off Independence Day?

So, if it's a fair match up, MC has to just be another spartan in the crowd. And what happened to all the others? Oh yeah, they promptly died. Because that makes MC special and unique. So Mc does have special powers, everyone around him dies, and he gets to live.

Lore/Experience Perspective

MasterChief spent all years of his Life (since he was still 7) until he lost Cortana.

1. He sabotaged a Mothership all by himself,

2. annihilated a Battalion of Covenant alone,

3. made Impossible Missions possible,

4. saved Two Planets-Reach and Earth,

5. saved the Entire Galaxy with the help of the Arbiter,

6. planted a nuke on an Ancient Forerunner,

7. destroyed a Halo,

8. survived dozens of times falling from Space

but he cant swim, and has ONLY ONE Armor through-out the game and the poor Spartan isnt a ninja. He doenst even know how to backflip.

The Tenno? The Lotus provided us of everything, we even have cheats to magically revive ourselves from Death, weapons we upgraded while Masterchief uses the same goddamn weapons-looting corpses while we freely massacre Storm Troopers. 

Who wins? Darth Vader 

no ..Tenno is a threat to all galaxy ..it mast be destroed with grinier and corpus, for the human race good

Edited by JDante

Master Chief got sexy voice, Warframes are mute peasants

I take them as seeds (I dont know, an antonym for precursor. Blame the complexity of the English language) of the Ghost in the Shell Universe. 

The Tenno probably looks like more of this, 

headcargosmall.jpg

1381831977_096_max.jpg

At least we knew Masterchief is both Human and more likely of a Machine (Cortana said so) who has a reason whom he is fighting for. 

The Tenno? Nah, all we want is booty baby.

Edited by yeomanry

Since Master Chief is supposed to be some sort of "indestructible" super soldier in the role he plays, he might be able to take on Tenno based on how many there were, how they fought, and what the surrounding circumstances there are.  Plus, in previous posts, there has been true talk about how Master Chief in the gameplay aspect isn't very tough, because a few bullets take down shields and a few more kill him.  Yet as mentioned before as well, Tenno are known to be able to take tons of fire and damage.  I am assuming Warframe takes place far further into the future too, and I know that Halo takes place in 2552.  Some parts a year ahead too, but 1, 2, and 3 all took place here.  And no indications show that Master Chief got weaker or stronger.  But anyway, to make a long story short, I would say Tenno would win, due to their advantage of technology and all the 14 Warframes.

Edited by ZeroJohn

I take them as seeds (I dont know, an antonym for precursor. Blame the complexity of the English language) of the Ghost in the Shell Universe. 

The Tenno probably looks like more of this, 

headcargosmall.jpg

1381831977_096_max.jpg

At least we knew Masterchief is both Human and more likely of a Machine (Cortana said so) who has a reason whom he is fighting for. 

The Tenno? Nah, all we want is booty baby.

Well, the Tenno could very well look like robots, or even be robots, but I would assume them to be human.  Because if they were robots, I don't think they would have such fluent motions and those fast response times to things such as gunfire, but then again, they are controlled by us gamers.  But either way, human or not, I don't really care that much.

If you are this annoyed by the thread, why keep whining about it?

Calling one side cheaters because you don't like their abilities is just bad form. It's stuff they can do, get over it already.

You say I am annoyed.  I am not.  I am amused.  But I can see I am annoying you.

Well, the Tenno could very well look like robots, or even be robots, but I would assume them to be human.  Because if they were robots, I don't think they would have such fluent motions and those fast response times to things such as gunfire, but then again, they are controlled by us gamers.  But either way, human or not, I don't really care that much.

They probably look something along the lines of Tenno or Nadia when not in their suits:

2-Hayden_head2.png

5-nadia_head2.png

As you can see, the prototype armor they used looks quite similar to the current generation of Warframe suits:

dark6.jpg

The devs have confirmed that Dark Sector takes place in the distant past of Warframe, and that Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno.

The other possibility is that we look similar to the Infested under our suits since both Hayden and Nadia were infected with the Technocyte virus, and J-3 Golem seems to think the modern frames are its kin. There's also the fact that both the Tenno and Infested seem to have the Orokin as their point of origin. (the Tenno also seem disturbingly comfortable with taking biotech sensor organs harvested directly from the Infested and putting them right into their helmets, or with using Technocyte spore pods as building materials...)

We're probably not robots though.

Edited by Senteth

They probably look something along the lines of Tenno or Nadia when not in their suits:

2-Hayden_head2.png

5-nadia_head2.png

As you can see, the prototype armor they used looks quite similar to the current generation of Warframe suits:

dark6.jpg

The devs have confirmed that Dark Sector takes place in the distant past of Warframe, and that Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno.

The other possibility is that we look similar to the Infested under our suits since both Hayden and Nadia were infected with the Technocyte virus, and J-3 Golem seems to think the modern frames are its kin. There's also the fact that both the Tenno and Infested seem to have the Orokin as their point of origin. (the Tenno also seem disturbingly comfortable with taking biotech sensor organs harvested directly from the Infested and putting them right into their helmets, or with using Technocyte spore pods as building materials...)

We're probably not robots though.

The infamous movie-The Matrix derives its inspiration from Ghost in the Shell

The Technology of the Ghost in the Shell series intertwines their biological networks into the digital Realm. A Dream which the Didact-Ur from the Halo series failed to do so. They have perfected cyberization where a Human can live with his brain alone combined with various levels of Prostheses.. A Fact rendered by Major Motoku Kusanagi.

The Series depicts various levels of cyberpunk wet dreams: Think-Tanks, the irresistibly cute Tachikomas, prostitute cyborgs, synthetic neural networks, cyberbrain, artificial brains, optical camouflage, thermal camouflage, thermal radiation detectors, nukes the size of a dumbbell,

internal communication devices that enables agents to communicate through an untraceable server (they communicate telepathically), covet military weapons, mobility that pars with the Spartans of the Halo series, and the technology that can create, plant false memories and can eradicate Real Memories. etc. etc.

Everything is connected to the Purple Haired Diva-Major Motoku Kusanagi...Purple..Purple? The Lotus...Oh S#&$. I @(*()$ cracked something up.

Edited by yeomanry

Come to think of it. The Orokin Era is a possible scenario where the Fifth World War concurred. The Precursor race of cybernetic Humans tries to destroy itself. The Highly advanced Orokin Race creates an External, Physical Virus that enslaves any Sentient beings. To preserve and prevent their extinction, what's left of the Orokin Race where preserved on cyrosleeps-on specialize prosthetic Suits-The Warframes that could house their dying Cyberbrains.

It is possible that Major Motoku Kusanagi is running a liaise (The Lotus Society), covet operations to recover these cyborgs into the impending War between the Grineer-the faction that has perfected cloning and prosthetics, the Corpus-the faction that specializes with Robotics and Mechanical Proxies, and the Infested-the aftermath of the 5th World War. 

Edited by yeomanry

We can all agree Dark Sector has a crappy Story (No offense DE but it really sucks) and so does Warframe. We know nothing of our Virtual World, where Tennos are from and how Warframe Universe works. Thus we can say, we cannot root out where our strengths originated nor why General Sargas Ruk condemns us fighting for worthless cause though everyone knew at the moment our Tennos woke up from their respective cryosleeps, we did nothing but fight for nothing, no cause. 

But in Halo, the Game enlightens you, inspires you, surprises you and during every cutscenes, you sometimes wonder what will happen in the future-on the Real World that this little Game might sprung to life-to think on what would happen if this becomes our Reality.

Conclusion, Warframe sucks against Halo. We need a storyline here DE! Heed our cause!

maybe they intended for the story to be interpreted by the players but thats just my thoughts

I think a better fight would be Samurai Jack verus the tenno. Jack would win hands down because he's clever.

Frost would snow globe and Jack would use a bucket of water thrown to make an ice spear to impale frost. (How Lui Kang beat sub zero)

Mag would pull, but Jack would let his sword fly into her.

Necros would soul punch jack's soul out, but Jack's soul would kick necros &#! and soul.

Loki or ash would turn invisible, but jack would use a blind fold and beat them with 1 hand.

Any other ultra skill of the tenno would be deflected by jacks sword back at the caster.

Also let's not forget that Jack can jump good. :D

Edited by OcelotVampire