The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Mutalist Cernos Damage Bug?

(XBOX)Klumsy Disqord

Not sure if other platforms are experiencing this or if it's working as intended, but I've got a bug on the Mutalist Cernos that's been around for a while now. When applying elemental damage mods by themselves, they display a proper amount of damage when used by themselves, i.e.: a rank 5 Stormbringer shows 369.0 electricity damage, but also changes the innate 5.0 toxin into 9.5 Corrosive. This brings the total damage of the projectile to 788.5. However, when applying a toxin based mod to try and make the entirety of the elemental damage corrosive, it tanks the damage numbers. Adding a rank 5 Infected Clip changes and combines the 369 electricity and 9.5 corrosive into a measly 14 total corrosive damage, making the entire shot LOWER it's damage to 424.0. In addition, if I were wanting to have the weapon do a damage type that doesn't even include Toxin, it still tanks the damage numbers, replacing the infected clip with a rank 5 Cryo Rounds leaves me with 9.0 magnetic damage and 5.0 Toxin damage. I can't imagine that this was intended, as there are other weapons with elemental damage types that work just fine, like the Fulmin. It has Impact and Electricity naturally, and Adding a rank 5 Elemental mod properly converts the damage type over, and takes into account the amount of Impact damage when calculating how much extra damage the weapon recieves, changing from 400 electricity to 850 Corrosive when combined with infected clip.

• 1 month later...

Making a quick elemental+status build on it results in this:

Spoiler

eZtcK5q.png

How does a build with only elemental mods, result in the weapon still being around 90% impact damage?
Quick napkin math tells me that the elemental damage on here should total to somewhere around 3090 magnetic, and 1300 gas.
Instead I'm seeing 29 gas, 37 magnetic, 54 puncture/slash and 977 impact, with 5 maxed elemental mods, and 0 impact mods?

However cryo rounds on it's own, does get to add the correct amount of cold damage, but only if I don't combine it with anything, like this:

Spoiler

k3javsQ.png

676 cold damage. however, add a malignant force, to make it viral, and this happens:

Spoiler

mVwFKqU.png

676 cold damage magically turns into... 16.3 viral damage?

It is as if the elemental mods are counting only the innate toxin, and ignoring the physical stats on the weapon, if there are any combined elements.

EDIT: oops, didn't notice this was on the Xbox subforum, these screenshots are from the PC version though, so it looks like a bug that's happening on all versions.

Archived