The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Consistently poor framerate for newer content?

(PSN)Menetius

So I've been playing off and on for a while, gotten some solid stuff while playing on my (non-Pro) PS4. I have some mods, now-vaulted Prime's, etc since I started and I'm not too keen on starting over on PC, even though Warframe's framerate and load times on my current rig (made a PC account just to see the difference and mess around) are leagues better in comparison.

I've tried dropping all possible quality options to their lowest settings, including dropping FOV to 50. I've tried making sure my PS4's ventilation isn't obstructed and it's not overheating. I've even defrag'd my PS4 and verified the integrity cache of local game files. Nothing seems to get me above 25 frames in social spaces/open world and 30 frames in missions.

Earlier content is fine, consistent 50/60 Frames. Anything from around Eidolon and beyond, and I see serious frame drops.

And the frame drops get worse with every new major content release. Some Void missions are even beginning to experience noticeable framerate loss. Is there anything I've missed, anything else I could do to get better performance, or is the PS4 just not up to par for Warframe anymore? I don't know if a PS4 Pro would help (not that I'd be excited about buying a soon-to-be-obsolete console in the first place). Just makes me yearn for the cross-save that will probably never arrive, so long as dealings with Sony and Microsoft continue in the same manner... and I'm definitely not excited for the inevitable "oH YOu cAn sWiTCh tO pS5 bUT noT Ur Pc" migration event.

this isnt just you, ive noticed this on my xbox one (not s or x), its probably just because the consoles are getting old and are becoming outdated, i mean, hell, the xbox one and ps4 was released in november 2013, 7 years lol

ive already ranted on the forums about wanting cross save as a once a year event to happen once per account, because warframe on pc is extremely better than console warframe graphics wise (depending on your specs)

ive just stopped playing for a while because of the fps drops too, except for some reason, my fps is constantly dropped, even in the ship.

3 minutes ago, Menetius said:

Yeah, after playing on PC, I realized just how much of the fun was sucked out of the game on PS4 by irregular framerates and poor loading time...

But you know, I'm sitting here parroting everyone else when I say "BuT mUH sTuFf"

yeah, im not re-spending the time or money that i have on xbox to pc

i keep hearing people say that sony and microsoft would lose money if they allowed cross save, but i cant help but disagree, because i think that sony and xbox has better and bigger titles to worry about like rainbow six siege,overwatch,destiny, and their console exclusive games

And the argument that "DE isn't as big of a company so they can't pull weight as well as Bungie, which essentially implemented Cross Save overnight" kinda falls apart when you put it in perspective of the size of the console-parent companies; if DE is so insignificant (which I'm not personally saying they are, this is for sake of argument), then why would Sony and/or Microsoft care so much about a cross-save implementation, or loss of revenue from what's supposedly a minor source?

At the risk of answering my own question, the answer, of course, is greed. MS and Sony want every single cent they can manage. If that means essentially holding a portion of Warframe's playerbase hostage (forgive the hyperbole) on consoles that are no longer up to the task of running Warframe in its current state, what do they care?

And of course there's the issue of expediting certification by essentially using the PC version as their open-beta testbed... etc etc.

I'll still mess around on PC, but I'm not spending a damn cent on the account I made. Probably not going to spend any more money on PS4 either. What's the point if I can't enjoy it anymore?

8 hours ago, Menetius said:

And the argument that "DE isn't as big of a company so they can't pull weight as well as Bungie, which essentially implemented Cross Save overnight" kinda falls apart when you put it in perspective of the size of the console-parent companies; if DE is so insignificant (which I'm not personally saying they are, this is for sake of argument), then why would Sony and/or Microsoft care so much about a cross-save implementation, or loss of revenue from what's supposedly a minor source?

At the risk of answering my own question, the answer, of course, is greed. MS and Sony want every single cent they can manage. If that means essentially holding a portion of Warframe's playerbase hostage (forgive the hyperbole) on consoles that are no longer up to the task of running Warframe in its current state, what do they care?

And of course there's the issue of expediting certification by essentially using the PC version as their open-beta testbed... etc etc.

I'll still mess around on PC, but I'm not spending a damn cent on the account I made. Probably not going to spend any more money on PS4 either. What's the point if I can't enjoy it anymore?

i was hoping cross save would show up with HoD, now im just gonna end up waiting for Duviri paradox....if i still have interest in the game at that time

6 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Vesperon said:

Can you confirm same framerate when playing solo, in the open worlds. I know my frame rate it totally better when playing solo. Because it's network lag, not processing frame rate.

Oh, framerate is definitely better solo, and that's what I'm talking about. Framerate drops to 5-15 FPS when playing multiplayer.

Might be the last update, because I've had some pretty rough public games in terms of performance right after. Screen tear and hefty amount of lag - to the point of taking a few moments to register if you shot or what you did. Albeit I am running on NA region from Europe (because it's more crowdy), but I did so before. It might be just coincidence or imagination but I do feel overall performance (at least in public games) became worse thus far.

Archived