Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Hunting/tracking feedback

(PSN)Demonceage0

Iv been grinding for the bast few days to get to rank three with the Entrati, and I'm almost there. all i need is the standing, a son token, and some tags, and therein lies the issue. Hunting and Tracking on Deimos is a nightmare. Between not being able to move 5 meters without having to fight a seemingly never ending army of infested zeroing in on my location from all over the map, the spots you have to find to begin tracking often spawn in the ground or in the geometry, making it impossible to hunt some creatures. Once you manage to start tracking something,you have to hope that the track don't become absorbed by the pulsating fauna of the planet, or else tracking slows to a literal crawl as you wait for the small window where you can see the track to make any progress. And then you have to fine the damn creatures, which in and of itself is an ordeal. The tranq rifle gives no indication of direction or distance of the tracking target, or even if your pinging the target you were tracking in the first place, which on other planets isn't so bad as the wild life is sparse, but on Deimos, where you can literally stumble upon wounded Vulpaphyla and Predasite like they grow off the trees, it become an annoyance. and if the creature your tracking is small, there's a chance you just wont see it. But even if you manage to find the creature you are hunting, there is a chance will just be killed by the previously mentioned army of infested that seem to be zeroing in on your location at all times. 

Some changes need to be made to hunting on Deimos, not to make it easier, but to at least make it doable. The rifle needs to give and indication of direction to the target when scoped in, and needs to only ping your intended target, and not other wild life. It would make it easier to at least identify where your target is before they get eaten by infested.

And yes, i realize theres is something at the top part of the screen to tell you when you are getting close to the target, its the most useless part of the entire system, as it seems to only work for land based targets. for flyers it provides no accurate measure for when you are getting closer or further from the target. AND IT SPIKES WHEN YOU ROLL OR SLIDE!?!?

Archived