Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts Needs an Update and Thermia Fractures Need Bounties

_Tormex_

The matchmaking for thermia fractures is non-existent at the moment, which is particularly frustrating since the ghoul purge event already has bounties in place. Eudico already has dialogue about the thermia fractures, but for some reason doesn't have any bounties. Without a bounty, there are no in-game instructions for how to start the mission, and minimal instructions during the mission. With a bounty, players could work together to learn how to collect thermia and instructions could be put in place. Also, Eudico could give standing for the thermia fractures missions, which would be really nice since getting max rank with Solaris United is required for a ridiculous number of things and it is extremely difficult to get standing in a fast and enjoyable way on Fortuna.

Side-note, getting standing and resources is much more enjoyable on Deimos and I hope you apply the token system and make the exploiter orb fight more possible for this reason. Getting 100+ mother tokens from one mission is absolutely fantastic. And not having to stop playing missions on Deimos because I don't have to worry about running out of standing is incredible. Having to stop playing missions on Fortuna because I have maxed standing is very annoying and makes me not want to go to Fortuna at all.

I just realized that part of the reason why the lore of the exploiter orb makes no sense to me is that Buried Debts was an operation instead of a quest. Do you think that it would be a good idea to reintroduce the first part of buried debts as a quest? Or have one run of Buried Debts all the way through be a quest? Because I had absolutely no idea what Zudd was talking about the entire mission.

Also, the fact that diluted thermia is literally required for the exploiter orb (which is the orb vallis' equivalent of the plains' tusk thumper and Deimos' iso vault) is ridiculous. The exploiter orb should be just as easy to access as those two resource drops. Also, the exploiter orb boss fight is already difficult enough without costing a resource that is very impractical to obtain at the moment.

And since Hildryn is locked behind max rank Solaris United, you will not necessarily be helping people get a frame any faster by removing the diluted thermia requirement for the exploiter orb fight. So making the above changes shouldn't impact your wallet, it would just give the narrative actual depth again, make matchmaking a thing, give standing to players in a way that is consistent with the lore and precedents, and make the exploiter orb obtainable in a clear and linear fashion.

Archived