Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to put fun into Conservation

Chad1661

Previously, I have never liked the Conservation Gameplay.  To me, it is about as much fun as watching paint dry and i avoid it like the plague, but then Heart of Deimos requires hunting tokens to get to increase standing.  At first I paid for tokens to level up just to avoid hunting, but then I found a youtube video that suggested running the perimeter for quick tokens.   Now, that is actually fun.  Gone is having to track, simulate and target sound and then wait for it to maybe show up.   Now, it is possible to get several quick tokens with one run around the Drift.    It is actually a challenge trying to separate the prey from the predators in order to get that perfect capture,  since some of the prey actively fight with the native monsters.  I am really enjoying this safari style hunting for Conservation targets.

Now, what would make this even better would be if the rarer conservation targets spawned more often at higher levels.   That way, you could start a solo high level bounty and go after those rarer targets, allowing the bounty to fail.

Even better,  have different difficulty levels of open play.

BTW, I have found that the Wolf like Preds and giant flying bug like vels spawn all over the map.

Indeed, this method of flying around and hunting animals through the tranq rifle is quite fun, I'm happy that they all spawn naturally.

However, there's still room for improvement :
- the orange glow is particularly hard to see in a mostly orange environment
- avichaea is too rare
- avichaea call points are not guaranteed to appear after you complete one, having to reload the map isn't fun
- maybe call points could work like fishing baits, attracting several animals over a few mins
- velocipods don't show in the tranq rifle
- small animals are too weak, a single projectile from a face hugger kills them in AOE

I also had an enormous amount of fun on Demios looking for animals to tranq without using the tracking mechanic. I almost feel like this is a much better option, having creatures spawn on map and it's just you, your tranq rifle, and your archwing. All we need is for the creature to be highlighted while aiming with the scope. I wish they did this for all the regions. Though, I doubt I can spot a pobber from up in the air.

I love Demios. The other free roam regions felt so huge to the point where it felt like space was being wasted because it wasn't properly utilized. Then again, those free roam zones provided space for those huge boss battles. People love those immensely since it's basically the True End Game Boss.

Archived