Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Ledge grab launch, infinite mech farm, and solo/host aim animations incorrect, Hacking with op = neck bent up, and cortege fire is non existant

GoldStellar

💙I have mentioned this before. i hope you don't find this annoying. take your time, you make a GREAT game. i would just like to pass a gentle reminder of this bug, because it has escalated.

the operator cannot grab ledges normally. it takes several tries to even grab the ledge. several more grabs to climb it, and even if you manage to climb the ledge, you might just do the animation but still fall, or fall, and a few seconds later teleport on the ledge (aaand fall again). 

by fall, i dont just mean fall down to the ground, but actually fall through the floor. you can bypass the teleport from falling out of the world, if you hold or tap shift. tapping shift causes you launch in a direction if timed right, when you grab the ledge and are just about to climb up.

this bug used to work like this: when launching, you would fly up and out of the world, game would crash. if it didn't crash, you would fly up at about a 60 degree angle, about 10-60 meters up, and from 5-45 meters away. (my record non crash launch is from the geyser in Cetus to the big grineer settlement on the hill). also, the focus path that alters void dash speed would effect this bug, and having it fully upgraded would launch you more forward than up. in fact just holding shift and having a rare successful ledge grab would make you move to where you would be if you were running the entire duration of that climbing animation.

now, the bug works like this. if you tap shift once, you launch like before. tap shift once when you grab and once just before you pull up, you launch downwards at a fast speed. i did this by accident several times. and it has continuously teleport me in the middle iso vault, with a mech respective to mission stage progress if doing the vaults. (stage 1=1, stage 2 = 2 mechs, ETC.) this would also have them constantly re-spawn, as if normal enemies. as much as this would be an INFINITE mech farm, there is no way out. the only way i could see is if you had a team mate to teleport you to the doors to Deimos.

basically, ledge grab launches are still here, and ledge grab with operator is very tough. practice it on corpus lockers and those shipping cubes are the easiest way to initiate it.

next is the animation for aiming in operator mode. its a small thing that annoys me is all, because i feel it makes the story mode a little silly in parts.

when you host a session, or play solo, either with or without an amp, hold right click and spin. just aim in any direction. you will notice the entire body locks, and rotates on an axis. it works correctly when you are not hosting a session, on a team. player 2/ 3/ 4/ can aim correctly with/without an amp. the upper body rotates, while legs stay where they should, and walking animation is fine. 

to really show this bug, just don't equip an amp, go solo mode, aim and walk sideways. you do the forward walking animation, but move sideways. in fact, every movement is the forward walking animation. even jumping and moving forward, you are walking on sunshine.

this has been in the game since the sacrifice came out <when i first started playing>. and old bug that i notice every time.

now for the operator neck bend bug. its VERY simple. just interact with something with "X" while in operator mode. mostly hacking consoles. whether successful or not, the operator will look up for the rest of the mission. makes funny screenshots, but when doing the story missions, it kinda wrecks the experience a little.

as a side note, cortege is supposed to be a flamethrower.... and looks nothing like it. please have its fire actually look like a giant ignis, even the fire amp looks better. right now, its just a tiny spurt of heat that disappears in 5 meters. may as well call it the dinky beam of magical death.

i understand the devs have a lot of work, and i dont want to sound like i am complaining or impatient. the game is amazing, i love it so much ad play it so often. these are just the bugs i have experienced and decided to report. i have encountered almost 100 bugs that i have seen fixed, and some not fixed. i thank you for your hard work and kind patience. if you find the time, please do fix these bugs. mostly the operator aiming animation though. that one, as an operator main, bugs me the most. thanks for all your work, and keep at it. i admire your perseverance with such an amazing game.

Archived