Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uncontrollable Fps Lag At 60 Fps

shut

Question

Yeah, you read that right.

Basically, I opened up WF today after installing the new R331 Driver today, and every single bit of the game (save for about a third of the login dioramas, which performed perfectly, for some reason) was all stuttery and jittery and looked like it was playing at about 10 FPS or something, despite the fact that FRAPS still read a solid 60 FPS.

It's like those little lag spikes that some systems get while running the game in DirectX11 (when the game seems to have a huge FPS lag spike for no discernible reason for about a second before returning back to normal, but the displayed framerate is unchanged), except this time, it simply doesn't end.

So I played with my settings a bit, and it happens both on 32-bit and 64-bit modes. It only cured itself when I disabled the in-game Vertical Sync setting.

So my issue is, now that VSync is disabled, my system is constantly trying to spit out as many frames as physically possible (sometimes over 90 FPS on a 60 FPS-locked monitor), and I think that overworking itself like it's in Void Survival with a party full of Vaubans and Novas during an impossible Napalm invasion while I'm just trying to fuse my mods together is really going to shorten the life of my system, and, with my budget, I don't want that to happen.

So, is there any way that I can re-enable VSync without the huge lag? Or, at the very least, place an FPS cap on Warframe via some commands in some sort of config file?

(And does anyone know why this is happening in the first place?)

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I had a similar issue on my laptop...

I believe the problem is within the Nvidia Control Panel.

Look in the control panel for either your Warframe 3D setting profile (or your global), scroll down to the bottom of the settings and make sure that has Vsync is set to OFF (you can enable it in game however, which overrides the Nvidia Control Panel).

I believe it has to do with their new "G-Sync" option, it seems to really muck up framerates if you don't have a G-sync capable monitor (which technically don't exist yet).

I had a similar issue on my laptop...

I believe the problem is within the Nvidia Control Panel.

Look in the control panel for either your Warframe 3D setting profile (or your global), scroll down to the bottom of the settings and make sure that has Vsync is set to OFF (you can enable it in game however, which overrides the Nvidia Control Panel).

I believe it has to do with their new "G-Sync" option, it seems to really muck up framerates if you don't have a G-sync capable monitor (which technically don't exist yet).

Hm... I tried that, but WF's built-in Vsync didn't do anything at all. Still get over 80 FPS on the mod menu and 350+ on loading screens.

Use Adaptive Vsync in the nVidia drivers. It will limit your FPS to the monitor refresh rate, but will release VSync when the FPS drops below.

This is also very handy for those of us with 120Hz monitors, but games where physics breaks above 60fps (Fallout 3, Skyrim, etc.)

Also, the WHQL nVidia driver released today has issues. I would avoid using.

Alternatives:

- nVidia Inspector to use FPS limiter

- DXTory for FPS limiter

- MSI Afterburner for FPS limiter.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner

Use Adaptive Vsync in the nVidia drivers. It will limit your FPS to the monitor refresh rate, but will release VSync when the FPS drops below.

This is also very handy for those of us with 120Hz monitors, but games where physics breaks above 60fps (Fallout 3, Skyrim, etc.)

Also, the WHQL nVidia driver released today has issues. I would avoid using.

Alternatives:

- nVidia Inspector to use FPS limiter

- DXTory for FPS limiter

- MSI Afterburner for FPS limiter.

NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't have the Adaptive VSync option for me... It did for the first few drivers after it was made available, but it seems to have kind of quit on itself. On my system, anyway.

I guess I'll try Afterburner, since editing the game profiles manually hasn't worked for me so far (like when I tried to remove textures by tweaking LOD Bias with GeForce SLI Profile Tool, which had no effect whatsoever). Try it tomorrow, anyways. Bedtime right now. XD

Thanks!

NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't have the Adaptive VSync option for me... It did for the first few drivers after it was made available, but it seems to have kind of quit on itself. On my system, anyway.

I guess I'll try Afterburner, since editing the game profiles manually hasn't worked for me so far (like when I tried to remove textures by tweaking LOD Bias with GeForce SLI Profile Tool, which had no effect whatsoever). Try it tomorrow, anyways. Bedtime right now. XD

Thanks!

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb265/NoAim69/AdaptiveVsync_zps62fed347.png

Here's mine.