Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Quest Feedback (The Sacrifice)

Soaron

VERY late to the party here, but nevertheless, I just completed "The Sacrifice". I think this quest really tried to sell us on the idea of operators and their potential... and I liked that but... I still can't say I'm in love with them. I think it definitely expands the game. Until now, I hadn't really paid much attention to the Operator system. This quest actually led me to The Quills... which was another layer of the game I hadn't even looked at. I can see how it offers such an offshoot from the main game style and adds a lot more content. I appreciate and respect that! But did I have a ton of fun? Can't say that I did... It might be a thing that I have to keep warming on to. I did enjoy the cinematics and story parts quite a bit, which has always been the case in most quests. Seeing new locale is always fun and welcome.

The cinematics were great, loved everything about Lotus, I totally sucked at the space-checkers game 😂 and absolutely loved the story parts involving Umbra and the Operator. This is where I'm a bit split... I love the dynamics and emotional weight of the operator, Lotus and Warframes in the storytelling, but can't say that I enjoy the gameplay aspect of it. Again, I might just need to give it more time.

*spoiler alert* One thing that I was very happily surprised about, was the they basically give you a new Warframe when you complete it! Really loved that part, it felt like a true gift from the Lotus. I didn't expect to come out of that quest with a new Warframe. BUT! I will say this... I was a bit deflated at the fact that he is given maxed out... I guess no extra Mastery Rank points there... That kinda bummed me out. Nevertheless, I think it's freaking cool to have Umbra. Gotta love him taking a hit off that pipe! Really cool Warframe.

I am not a huge quest guy... I'm too addicted to just playing missions. But I will say that whenever I go through one, I take a ton of screenshots 'cause I there's always new locales, new characters, and just new points of view. They're very cool, although I still can't admit I'm very compelled to go through all of them because completing them doesn't give you any mastery rank. I get that the biggest motivation for many of these is to obtain Warframe blueprints... but if you're the lazy kind like me, and you just use plat to buy them - the quest feels a bit less attractive.

11 minutes ago, Soaron said:

BUT! I will say this... I was a bit deflated at the fact that he is given maxed out... I guess no extra Mastery Rank points there...

Actually you do indeed! It's just automatically added to your account once you complete the quest!

At the end of the day, I agree about the Operators. I love them conceptually, the idea of having a martial powerhouse in the Warframe and a more ethereal, psionic 'caster' in the Operator is very appealing to me, but they do currently fall well  short of that ideal.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Actually you do indeed! It's just automatically added to your account once you complete the quest!

Oh nice!! That's good to know! Thank you! 😀 Let me ask you this... what would have you preferred... getting the MR points automatically after the quest? Or getting no MR points for the quest, and then having to max out Umbra? I personally would've preferred maxing him out afterwards 😋 

Archived