Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Better loot crates

Klaive

I'm not sure if its just me or there is really no incentive or benefits whatsoever in opening up loot crates inside a mission when you can get many more by just doing the usual survival/defense runs for resources. Searching and opening loot crates are time consuming and should be a lot more rewarding.

Also not sure if anybody is listening to suggestions but here goes:

1. Increase loot multiplier for loot crates
  2. Companion mods for loot crates (such as scavenge) should open loot crates in the radius of the vicinity instead of doing a wonky 3 second teleport animation for each crate with 3 seconds (?) cooldown for each crate.

As it stands now opening up lootcrate feels rewarding with the sound and stuff but getting 100 resource/50 rubedo/2 nav cord/ mostly small amount of credits (that's with booster) in each crate makes it very unrewarding for the time taken for us to actually position ourself in front of the crate/ wait for the dog to bust it open.

Disclaimer: I have not done thorough testing of the crate vs long run mission thing but im sure the companion mod change would be a great QoL

During an endless mission, you will get more loot if you open crates and you'll have multiple oportunities to do so (backtracking), in short killing 100 enemies will weild less loot than 100 enemies + opening crates

It only becomes an issue if your efficiency drops when opening crates, at which point you need to decide if opening the crates is worth it or not

In a non endless mission, you're probably aware of what the vast majority of players do right, very low efficiency gameplay that is based around mission rewards, so no killing, no looting and as a consequence, more grind.
So opening up crates and lockers on your way to objectives and extraction is the way to go, as you won't be doing that mission type once, but duzzens of them, so the loot will add up.

Survivals you can explore at will because you are on a timer, on a capture however, don't go explore to far away, otherwise you risk backtracking with no loot which is what you want to avoid at all costs, this includes medalions.

Crates also reward tradable stuff like mods and stars, being the ayatans a very good thing, but again, doing this on the path is prefered.

These 2 notes come from my own personal experience, these are not on the wiki, so if you don't take them seriously, it's your loss:

• I note that in regular tilesets, all missions have 1 loot room with more crates than others, this is better used again in endless missions like survivals, otherwise you'll have to make the choice, to go and backtrack or to keep on the path to objective.
  • As an added bonus, not all crates are the same, i don't mean the look, the code that certain crates have is different, rare mods and unusual loot is more common in these crates, these are usually hidden away or require extra steps to locate, mods like "flow" drop from these crates, sadly i don't have a definitive list of all the spots i personally know, but i do try to break some containers because i know they will likely give me more loot, this requires alot of tileset repetition for you to feel if a particular crate is different, but i assure you, they exist. Can i pinpoint the crates in all tilesets after 40k missions? no, i know a duzzen locations at best.

Archived