Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Portions of UI disappear after completing a mission or bounty until the game is restarted

(PSN)Kyrrial

I've been having this happen almost once a day, and it's getting pretty annoying: occasionally, following the completion of a mission or bounty, a few pieces of the UI will completely disappear. The known pieces that disappear are the profile/squad icons & menus at the top left of the [start] menu, and all nodes on the navigation map. This means that I can't manually leave a squad on my own (or see if I'm even still in a squad); change between public, friend/invite only, or solo mode; invite people from the + menu; or navigate anywhere on the navigation menu.

The only way to get any of them to return to reappear is use the PS button to return to the dashboard, close Warframe, and restart the game; returning to the orbiter from Cetus, Fortuna, or Necralisk doesn't restore anything, and I can't use the navigation map to go anywhere to see if loading something else will restore it. Now that it's become a daily occurrence, it's pretty annoying.

The only possible cause that I've noticed is having squad members leave the squad while the new 'end mission' screen is still up on my screen. I only just barely noticed this might be A cause (if not THE cause) because someone left the squad while it was up after loading back to the orbiter and their leaving forced the mission result screen to close. I immediately noticed the stated UI pieces missing when this occurred. Maybe it's when the entire squad disbands while I'm on the results screen, but I really don't know since I can't tell if I'm still in a squad at all when this happen. For reference, in this example, I was the host; I couldn't tell you if I was the host in any other instance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was going to make a report of this myself. But since you have. I'll also add to this. 

UI tends to rarely fix itself after like 5 missions, when it a squad. Doesn't fix itself very often, but it can. *(can't leave squad due to time limited missions and restarting the game takes a whole lot of time. Especially on PS4.) But after fixing itself, other bug tends to happen. Mostly related to be unable click on stuff / not reactive UI. Or can't exit menus. 

The best way is restart the game ... 

On 2020-09-25 at 4:35 AM, (PSN)Kyrrial said:

I've been having this happen almost once a day, and it's getting pretty annoying: occasionally, following the completion of a mission or bounty, a few pieces of the UI will completely disappear. The known pieces that disappear are the profile/squad icons & menus at the top left of the [start] menu, and all nodes on the navigation map. This means that I can't manually leave a squad on my own (or see if I'm even still in a squad); change between public, friend/invite only, or solo mode; invite people from the + menu; or navigate anywhere on the navigation menu.

The only way to get any of them to return to reappear is use the PS button to return to the dashboard, close Warframe, and restart the game; returning to the orbiter from Cetus, Fortuna, or Necralisk doesn't restore anything, and I can't use the navigation map to go anywhere to see if loading something else will restore it. Now that it's become a daily occurrence, it's pretty annoying.

The only possible cause that I've noticed is having squad members leave the squad while the new 'end mission' screen is still up on my screen. I only just barely noticed this might be A cause (if not THE cause) because someone left the squad while it was up after loading back to the orbiter and their leaving forced the mission result screen to close. I immediately noticed the stated UI pieces missing when this occurred. Maybe it's when the entire squad disbands while I'm on the results screen, but I really don't know since I can't tell if I'm still in a squad at all when this happen. For reference, in this example, I was the host; I couldn't tell you if I was the host in any other instance.

Yeah I have also noticed this happen too often, the reason that I have picked up on is, that if you are still loading the mission in after the mission has finished, and then someone in your squad loads up a new mission, before you have finished the mission results screen, then it bugs out the UI information for basically everything except the pause menu. My most common encounter with this is when you are on a PS4 and you play with people on a PS5 and they are too impatient to wait for squad mates, then load up a new mission. It is very annoying, but yes unfortunately, the only solution (for now) is to quit your game, or get a PS5 (I know that sounds unreasonable for some people), I hope that this issue gets addressed soon. I have started asking people if they are on a PS5, if they say yes, I just leave the squad before starting a mission, I know that sounds childish, but I would rather play my game, than spend all day restarting it to join in missions.

Archived