Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Blessed Javelin" Augment

(XBOX)Avant Solace

Something that I've always wanted to see implemented in Warframe. An augment that allows Radial Javelin to be largely useful while also giving Excalibur some defensive capability. So here is what I came up with:

Blessed Javelin

Gain Health, Shields, and Armor based on damage dealt with (up to) 100% efficiency. Damaged reduced by 25%.

That's just the flavor description. The detailed application is thus: Radial Javelin deals equal parts Slash, Impact, and Puncture damage. Using this ability would return health based on the amount of slash damage done, shielding for impact done, and armor for puncture done. At rank 3 (and with the 25% reduction), that calculates to 250 damage neutral, not factoring in damage bonuses, reductions, and against a singular target. With an Intensify mod, the neutral number is 217. So here are some referential values:

• Vs Infested (no bonuses): 312 slash. 250 impact. 250 puncture.
  • Vs Cloned Flesh + Ferrite armor: 275 slash. 187.5 impact. 375 puncture.
  • Vs Shields: 250 slash. 375 impact. 200 puncture.

Even though these numbers are pretty basic, the end result is pretty clear: For 75 energy and a mod slot, Excalibur is getting some really nice healing. Not utterly broken, but still very useful.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Just some math crunching, and a slight revision: I said reduce damage by 50% at first, but I'm thinking reduced by 25% would be cleaner. So 75% (750) of base damage overall.

BONUS NUMBERS:

• lvl 100 Elite Lancer: DMG Reduction = 89.05%. Cloned Flesh + Alloy Armor = (187.5 Slash, 187.5 Impact, 287.5 Puncture). Factor in DMG Reduction = (20.5 Slash, 20.5 Impact, 31.48 Puncture). Maximum Targets = 12. (20.5 Slash, 20.5 Impact, 31.48 Puncture) X 12 = 246 Slash, 246 Impact, 377.76 Puncture. Translation: Restore 246 Health, 246 Shields, and gain 377.76 armor for (30?) seconds.

Basically its not enough to make someone indestructible at higher levels, but it would greatly help in a tight spot.

Some other spitballs for the puncture damage effects:

• Puncture does not increase armor. Instead it splits evenly between health and shields. Gives more immediate healing but with less sustain.
  • Puncture does increase armor, but it refreshes every time Radial Javelin is cast. Basically it can give an ultimatum of better armor vs immediate healing.

I don't really like putting things on timers, especially on a Warframe that doesn't have any timers to begin with. So I'd rather avoid armor buff timer if possible.

I'd want this... as it currently is, Radial Javelin is kinda bad, getting outshined by the rest of excalibur's kit (slash dash can act as a burst movement option and allows you to cross gaps easier after bullet jumping, radial blind is just really useful and umbra makes it even better by removing sentient immunities, and exalted blade is just great since its an exalted weapon), since it has very weak damage and a really long animation which can leave you very open.
This augment would add more survivability, but I also think Radial Javelin should have some general buffs added, maybe a bit more damage and a faster animation?

Archived