Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impact status and mercy finishers

Genitive

Hello, I would like to talk about improving interaction between impact status and mercy finishers.

Currently, impact status effect, in addition to stagger, increases mercy chance by 10% percent. However, this increase occurs only if an enemy is below 5% health, which limits the usefulness of parazon. I would even say that using parazon is not worth the effort when I can simply shoot the enemy with weapons or abilities without having to approach them. Which is a shame, because I think parazon has interesting mods, such as Blood For Life or Blood For Energy.

My suggestion is to remove the health threshold on when impact status increases mercy chance. So when impact procs it will increase mercy chance by 10% regardless of enemy health. It can be capped at 50%, so at 5 procs we would have 50% chance for a parazon finisher. Without impact procs mercy would function as it currently does.

This change would give an interesting niche to impact status effect by allowing to capitalize on parazon finishers and its mods. I don't think it would be overpowered either. Enemies marked by mercy can still attack and be killed by other means. So it would introduce an additional way of dealing with enemies that shouldn't interfere with standard gameplay. 

Archived