Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Late-Game Systems need to shuffle their rewards

Dexmaster

I was watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-F09E_dLs&list=WL&index=6&ab_channel=Brozime where they briefly talk about reward pools for different end-game content and I wanted to try to propose a solution.

One of the main critiques of other late-game systems are their lack of incentive or reward.

Eidolon hunts are a lot of work for an Arcane that you probably don't want, and even then you'll need 21 of those (WHAT?) to rank it up to max. There is not enough variety in these fights to hold most players' attention, and just running more 5x3's isn't something everyone has time for.

The Steel Path offers the difficulty a lot of players have been waiting for, only to reward you with some neat cosmetics, and that's about it. Stance Forma is nice, but Kuva is better acquired through other means.

Arbitration rewards are nice, and certainly incentivize players to play Arbitrations for unique content, but if none of the niche mods or cosmetics stand out to you, there is no reason to play Arbitrations.

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is nice for Radiant relics and not much else. the Exp gains are similar to those of standard Sanctuary Onslaught, and peculiar mods really only exist to show others how much you've farmed ESO.

Focus, which isn't exactly endgame content, requires a tedious amount of farming, and Lenses are a costly resource to keep buying and crafting.

Finally, Sorties are the home of Rivens and, in my experience, Kuva. Any of the rarer rewards from Sorties can be more easily and consistently acquired from other systems save for Legendary Cores, which I'm convinced haven't actually been coded into the game and the devs are just trolling us.

So how can we reshuffle these to make the rewards more worthwhile? How about...

Reward Arcanes for clearing Steel Path Missions

Or allow players to purchase them with Steel Essence, idk I haven't really played the game mode yet but I hear the grind is tedious.

Arcanes have always felt like an extra. They're the icing on the cake of an already well-built Warframe, so they would be more appealing to endgame players. Considering the sheer volume of them required to rank up to max, it seems like having some variety in the way they're farmed would be really appealing. Making them drop as rewards would be a great way to monitor their rarity while allowing players to gather a surplus of them to fuse, although allowing players to purchase them with Steel Essence would take the randomness out of the grind. Plus, Steel Path missions offer variety to players, which Eidolon hunts do not.

You need 21 of them holy S#&$. I haven't even killed 21 Eidolons.

Reward higher level Focus Lenses for Elite Sanctuary Onslaught

Or at least boost the rate you acquire focus. If you're grinding exp wouldn't you want to grind focus in the same place? They already implemented an automatic focus pickup at the beginning of each mission, simply boosting the rate it's acquired would give that much more incentive for players to run this game mode.

Keep Rivens where they are, or put them behind Arbitrations

Yeah, remember Arbitrations? They're still in the game, actually.

Rivens (theoretically) help balance the game and (kind of) drive the player economy. I won't get into balancing their actual stats but I feel like locking this content behind late game content like Arbitrations would

1. Prevent new players from providing insane buffs to their S#&$ weapons and 2. flood the economy, which is a good or a bad thing depending on who you ask.

However,

1. Most rivens have a high MR lock anyway, so new players aren't really using them, and 2. flooding the economy may not be a bad thing. Are people actually paying 3,000 plat for rivens?

Allowing players to purchase Rivens with Vitus Essence might make the whole experience more enjoyable by removing the element of randomness, or it might ruin the experience by making the grind that much more annoying. The latter is more likely seeing as randomness is literally built into Rivens. This is a solution I'd really like to discuss, as I'm more interested in making Arbitrations worthwhile than I am making Rivens easier to get.

Give Eidolons a better reward than Arcanes

Arcanes and Eidolons just don't match. We need something new to reward players for taking part in a raid. This could be Warframe parts (Both Orb Mothers are Raid Bosses and they both have frames in their reward tables), cosmetics (Fashionframe is certainly important in the late game and adding slight variations would make the Eidolons replayable), or even a buttload of Ostron standing. I'm not really sure what to do here, as I'm not a diehard Eidolon hunter, so I'm not really sure what motivates one. But I know Arcanes don't motivate me.

That's all I have, I'd love to know your thoughts.

Yes Ive been saying that myself too in a number of places, rewards should be cycled to give us a reason to play other modes and give variety. I haven't done Eidolons in ages because Im not rly interested in 5x3 or even 3x3 so doing one or two hunts a night for a tiny chance for something I want is just not worth it. After tons of runs didnt even get ONE arcane energize.

There should really be SOME kind of reward system in place to allow players to experience more variety instead of burning themselves out in one gamemode until they get so bored they stop playing, for example rotating those arcanes from eidolons to arbies, sorties, Iso Vaults, Steel Path or where-ever.

With the insane requirement of 21 arcanes to max it and inhuman droprate they should REALLY be obtainable elsewhere (not just events). 

I think the regular star chart rewards are okay.

SP, end mission rewards, remove none relic options.

ESO and Arbitrations are okay. They offer different things, that are valuable. ESO is the second place for affinity and you get radiant relics. Some of the Arbitration mods are important to have and of course it is the endo spot.

I do not have an opinion regarding open world bosses. Scarlet Spear flooded the game with arcanes. Eidolons have some unique mods, but they typically are sold by Baro. Warframe does not put rewards that are not possible to obtain solo. So it is hard to put exclusive rewards not obtainable by other means.

The reward that I find lacking is credits. By mid game, I was flooded with endo, but no credits. Outside of Index, there is no way to obtain enough credits. 

Archived